• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone purchased a Benjamin suit?

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm quite interested in purchasing on of the 'Benjamin' branded suits from ehaberdasher and I was wondering if anyone has bought one and has any opinions (and pics?) about them to share.
I know that there is a couple of discussions on these garments already but I'd like to hear some opinions from people who have actually bought them.

Cheers,

Alexander Scriabin

Sebastian

Reaction score

Alexander Scriabin

Reaction score
Thanks Sebastian but I've already read those threads.

I was just looking to see if there were any more opinions floating about...

Perhaps a few more fit pics on different body types etc.

Cheers,

Alexander Scriabin

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought one of the Lucente suits. The suits is fairly slim. The jacket fits just fine for me but the pants needed to be relieved a bit at the seat and the crotch even though the waist was perfect. I'm very impressed with the overall quality. Even at their full price, I believe the Benjamin suits are still a good value. At the discount prices that Ben sometimes offer to the SF and AAAC forum members they are a steal. I will definitely purchase more in the future.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought one but ultimately it just didn't fit me right. If it did I would have very happy with it, it looked great and was well constructed. I'd say it's a good deal for the money.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've sold almost 50 Benjamin suits - there's got to be a few of you out there in SF-land with some pics, no? By the way - new model coming soon - more Zegna-esque and... a fuller pant! (even though I like the fit of the current Maestro pant). The Lucente model is really a drop 7 - the pants are tight on me too,but it's meant for the slimmer and more "fit" gents out there...

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It like to see details of the shoulder, as that is the most difficult part of me to fit.

UserNameToronto

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
It like to see details of the shoulder, as that is the most difficult part of me to fit.

Me too (eg are the shoulders padded vs. unconstructed).

If I wanted a derivative of a suit currently offered (say, a solid medium gray variant of the 38R charcoal gray), can you make to order?

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Lucente model and it's a lightly padded shoulder. Doesn't look bulked up. BTW, Ben if you're reading this, are you planning on offering any more 36R in other cloths?

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UserNameToronto
Me too (eg are the shoulders padded vs. unconstructed).

If I wanted a derivative of a suit currently offered (say, a solid medium gray variant of the 38R charcoal gray), can you make to order?

Both models feature lightly padded shoulders.

We are considering a made to order program - we're gathering fabrics and hope to launch the program later this year.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mute
I have the Lucente model and it's a lightly padded shoulder. Doesn't look bulked up. BTW, Ben if you're reading this, are you planning on offering any more 36R in other cloths?

Yes, we do hope to offer a made to order program with the ability to select cloths (or possibly providing your own) - hopefully later this year.

Vento95

Reaction score
I also would like to see other fit pics or opinions on these suits.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
Both models feature lightly padded shoulders.

We are considering a made to order program - we're gathering fabrics and hope to launch the program later this year.

When can I find a picture of these models? I have an Isaia Sirio purchased from you
two years ago. I love the suit. I actually had the shoulder padding, what little
there was, reduced. It worked ! My tailor is a genius.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
When can I find a picture of these models? I have an Isaia Sirio purchased from you
two years ago. I love the suit. I actually had the shoulder padding, what little
there was, reduced. It worked ! My tailor is a genius.

We're discontinuing the Maestro, and replacing with the Classico which is not out yet. We will be getting more Lucente soon, in various solids and a navy pinstripe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics