• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style/Fashion things you find amusing...

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
Browsing through sport coats on eBay there are some things seem like great buys and some that are unimaginable. Style Forum has taught and is still teaching me how to keep an eye out for things that are good buys. But sometimes I come across statements and situations that, because we know better, are just plain laughable and amusing. I'd like to share two things:

On eBay a listing for a Mens Ralph Lauren Polo Sport coat blazer. You click and look at the pictures and find lo and behold , a Blue Polo University or Lauren by Ralph Lauren tag.
baldy[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
There should be a SF police force for something like that.

I was watching "You don't mess with the Zohan" and at the end of the movie, the Antagonist fights side by side with the Protagonist Adam Sandler, and mentions that He is into Shoes. You'd think he'd know a good deal about it. He picks up his foot and displays a "Kenneth Cole, Sqaure Toe" and he says square toe with PRIDE and you can clearly see rubber soles.
bounce2.gif
baldy[1].gif
Thank You SF for making me aware of such things so that I can find them amusing.

If you have similar stories, please share. If you see someone on the street, with some "questionable" items, take a picture.

bluemax

Reaction score
I haven't seen the movie, but maybe the reference to Kenneth Cole square-toes was an in-joke by the writers or producers?

JFKJean

Reaction score
I don't see a reason why it wouldn't be a dig at K.C. and his square loving ways

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suits, they look so stupid!! Only suits wear suits, do you dig it you hep cat? Its pretty fresh.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemax
I haven't seen the movie, but maybe the reference to Kenneth Cole square-toes was an in-joke by the writers or producers?

Or might be a product placement

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
The men in my culture get their style and fashion from European, mainly Italians. I took these pictures, one at the barber shop I work in and another at a family gathering, while talking about shoes with them. A HUGE majority of the men in my culture find these, Stylish.
eek.gif
I find it makes them look like clowns.
The sad part is that the women that were accompanying them were gorgeous!
baldy[1].gif

IMG_0145.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
what did you ask them? "Can I take pics of your horrible shoes? I want to laugh about them with my friends on the internetz."?

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
laugh.gif
what did you ask them? "Can I take pics of your horrible shoes? I want to laugh about them with my friends on the internetz."?

How about these (see attachments):

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, so it rained Saturday. Yes, it rained most of the day. Here in the city you ran the risk of stepping in a 1/2 puddle if you weren't looking where you were going. Do you know what everyone (OK, mostly women) was wearing? 16" high rubber 'wellies' of the british country house variety!
eh.gif
I'm talking $$$ Hunters & Le Chameaus - freakin' ludicrous.....

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
OK, so it rained Saturday. Yes, it rained most of the day. Here in the city you ran the risk of stepping in a 1/2 puddle if you weren't looking where you were going. Do you know what everyone (OK, mostly women) was wearing? 16" high rubber 'wellies' of the british country house variety!
eh.gif
I'm talking $$$ Hunters & Le Chameaus - freakin' ludicrous.....

I will say that the ubiquity of hunters is ridiculous and deeply irritating (see my post in The Herd thread), but a lot of the better quality wellies are damn comfortable. I have a pair of Aigles which are not as fancy as a lot of the boots out there but they are probably the most comfortable shoes I own with the exception of the slippers I am wearing right now.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
I will say that the ubiquity of hunters is ridiculous and deeply irritating (see my post in The Herd thread), but a lot of the better quality wellies are damn comfortable. I have a pair of Aigles which are not as fancy as a lot of the boots out there but they are probably the most comfortable shoes I own with the exception of the slippers I am wearing right now.

I don't doubt it. And don't get me wrong, in the right (wrong?
confused.gif
) setting I can't imagine anything would beat them. Acqua alta in Venice? Go for it. Mucking out the stalls in Millbrook? You bet. Heck, spending a drizzly afternoon in the garden would be good enough. But taking the subway to Whole Foods and then maybe strolling through the Farmers' Mkt? You look like a tool.....

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I do have a growing hate for extremely pointy shoes...
This look is particularly irritating when the young lad is surrounding by giggling young creatures...
Ignorance is bliss...
Maybe there is an undertone of jealousy regarding the giggling young creatures..

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol I have a friend who actually owns a pair of those black dragon shoes with screwed on metal... He loves them.

illeagle

Reaction score
ascots, stacy adams shoes, giorgio brutini shoes, skin-tight men's jeans, sheer men's tops (other than linen), monocles when you don't need one, canes when you don't need one, ridiculously expensive pens, and just about all current teen fashions

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads