• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
You can't ignore DT for long. I love DT because there is no pretense at anything other than DT. It's a great escape. If you want to ignore something, I'd start with the CEsspool where there is the false pretense of the threads not being DT and where the posters are as uncivil and say some of the worse stuff on this forum.
Originally Posted by Baron
I'm happy to go to DT when that's what I want, but if I don't want it and it's 75% of the posts on the first page of "new posts" it gets to be annoying. Especially because too many of the enthusiastic posters aren't as funny as they think they are. I'll always click on your DT's, ed.
inlove.gif

Yeah, it's gotten dumb, even for DT standards. For every "dear connemara" or "Kathy Griffin Bikini" there are twenty.... maybe thirty... threads of abysmal, embarrassing stupidity that should have just stayed in the OP's brain as "I wonder if this would be funny..." and then answered, "No... probably not." merkur, aka ".." seems to be a repeat offender.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Yeah, it's gotten dumb, even for DT standards. For every "dear connemara" or "Kathy Griffin Bikini" there are twenty.... maybe thirty... threads of abysmal, embarrassing stupidity that should have just stayed in the OP's brain as "I wonder if this would be funny..." and then answered, "No... probably not."

Truth. The only thing is that the OP doesn't make a thread great. They manifest themselves to stardom. I'm sure Teger had no idea "Dear Connermara" would turn into what it did. Once I posted topless pictures on that thread it really took off.
rimshot.gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
The "Where did Lincoln go wrong with the African Americans" thread has been squirreled.

It went off the rails fairly quickly, but I was gone most of the day and honestly forgot about it until now.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
The "Where did Lincoln go wrong with the African Americans" thread has been squirreled.

It went off the rails fairly quickly, but I was gone most of the day and honestly forgot about it until now.

Damn, that's the second thread in as many days that I was in the middle of when it was squirreled. Iammatt was delivering a pretty good thrashing on the second or third page and I was looking forward to finishing it. Is there any chance that the mods might consider locking more of these threads and letting them die by falling off the page rather than squirreling them?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why was the anal thread removed? It wasn't exactly more lewd than the other stuff being posted in there.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
Damn, that's the second thread in as many days that I was in the middle of when it was squirreled. Iammatt was delivering a pretty good thrashing on the second or third page and I was looking forward to finishing it. Is there any chance that the mods might consider locking more of these threads and letting them die by falling off the page rather than squirreling them?

That's a good point. I will consider that in the future. The problem is that it degenerated into a lot of racist commentary after that discussion and if I leave the thread available to read, it often causes people to just create other threads in order to continue their statements. If they can no longer see it, that usually doesn't happen.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
That's a good point. I will consider that in the future. The problem is that it degenerated into a lot of racist commentary after that discussion and if I leave the thread available to read, it often causes people to just create other threads in order to continue their statements. If they can no longer see it, that usually doesn't happen.
I was going to '+1" Hopkins_Student but this is very reasonable.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Perhaps in the future I will lock for a set time and then squirrel. However, it was quite late last night when I made the decision and I was tired.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
this thread is jamming up on me at that 'cabin boy reference' post.....at my settings I have 270 pages, but I can't read past page 269.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads