• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

THE GREATEST

Reaction score
so i sized down 3 on my NS,,which I regret, and i wore them for 3 months the waist had streched quite a bit.
but the thigh area has not streched a bit. I've been wearing them below the waist for a comfortable position. why hasn't it streched in the thighs?

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by newbiejeans
My true waist size is 32", but Rescues in size 29 fit me perfectly in the waist (this was in the store, so no stretching yet) Should I buy the Standards in size 29 then, since I figure it would be harder to button up, or should I consider going lower to a 28?

What kind of fit are you looking for? Did you try the NS on at all? Do you have bigger thighs?

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sh0ebox
So, here are a couple updated fit pics of my New Cures. They're going on 5 months of moderate wear (about 4 times a week, I'd guess). Not too much fading going on, considering that all I really do is go to/from class and sit around most days, but whatever.

Click for opposite view:

how much did you size down on these? the fit is great

the_pole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sh0ebox
So, here are a couple updated fit pics of my New Cures. They're going on 5 months of moderate wear (about 4 times a week, I'd guess). Not too much fading going on, considering that all I really do is go to/from class and sit around most days, but whatever.

Click for opposite view:

what shoes are those

sh0ebox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnlax
how much did you size down on these? the fit is great

Thanks. I sized down 2 from my Dior size and 1-2 from my Diesel size (down 1 from stretch washes, 2 from 100% cotton washes).

Originally Posted by the_pole
what shoes are those

Chronoaug is right... they're light grey CP Achilles Mids

Mark_Y

Reaction score
I read a probably 20 pages of this thread and didn't see this question..... if I missed it, forgive me.

Everyone talks about these jeans stretching. If you purchase these jeans and they fit perfect in the waist (i.e. you can button them and your waist isn't putting pressure on the denim), how the hell is the denim going to stretch? Same thing with the thighs. If there are no body parts stretching the denim, won't the stretching be minimal?

From reading some of these posts, it seem that APCs will stretch on a hanger. Please enlighten me.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark_Y
I read a probably 20 pages of this thread and didn't see this question..... if I missed it, forgive me. Everyone talks about these jeans stretching. If you purchase these jeans and they fit perfect in the waist (i.e. you can button them and your waist isn't putting pressure on the denim), how the hell is the denim going to stretch? Same thing with the thighs. If there are no body parts stretching the denim, won't the stretching be minimal? From reading some of these posts, it seem that APCs will stretch on a hanger. Please enlighten me.
These people aren't hulking out their jeans.. Outward pressure from body parts because of tight fit doesn't do most of the stretching in denim, movement does Unless you are swishing around in 30" leg FuBu jeans, you are exerting pressure and pulling at your jeans as you walk. Thats why knees stretch, thats why seats give, thats why top blocks loosen up.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone talks about these jeans stretching. If you purchase these jeans and they fit perfect in the waist (i.e. you can button them and your waist isn't putting pressure on the denim), how the hell is the denim going to stretch? Same thing with the thighs. If there are no body parts stretching the denim, won't the stretching be minimal?
Ever notice that the waist of your pants feels tighter when you're sitting? That it presses against you if you bend over? That the legs feel tighter if you squat, or to a lesser degree, simply bend your knees? Unless you're wearing spandex or extremely loose-fitting pants, any change of your body's position (whether this is caused by sitting, walking, or just moving in any way at all) changes the surface areas in contact with your pants, and since they cannot shape-shift to accomodate this, you put pressure on them. It may not seem like a lot, but extreme pressure isn't necessary; slight pressure repeated over and over and over accomplishes the same thing.

sh0ebox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brohymn
These look great but you should be thrown off a bridge for ******* with the contrast so much

Thanks, lol. If it makes you feel any better... here is the original one only slightly adjusted for exposure (no extra WB, sharpening, contrast, or anything else applied)

2nq7jo7.jpg

Mark_Y

Reaction score
Quick question before I order online....

For the record, I'm 5'7" and weigh 155. I wear a 29" in Nudie Average Joe. I also wear a 29 in Earnest Sewn.

Today at a brick and mortar store I tried on some APC New Standard in a 29. I could easily put 2 fingers in the waist band. The store didn't have anything smaller. I'm figuring I should get a 27, but I haven't been a 27 since I was in high school. A lot of years ago. Does this sound right?

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size down 2 for vanity, then 0-3 for stretch/fit. So taking vanity into account, sizing down 0 will fit slim, 1 slimmer, 2 skinny, 3 ballcrunching.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today at a brick and mortar store I tried on some APC New Standard in a 29. I could easily put 2 fingers in the waist band. The store didn't have anything smaller. I'm figuring I should get a 27, but I haven't been a 27 since I was in high school. A lot of years ago. Does this sound right?
Sounds about right. APCs are vanity-sized, and also stretch more than any other brand of denim. Generally, you should be going down two sizes from what you usually wear, with some variation depending on what kind of fit you prefer.

lordgold

Reaction score
3441924099_a61510c013_o.jpg
3442739898_d16364aafc_o.jpg
About 2 straight months of wear. I'm constantly getting those weird hip lumps from having no ass to speak of. :/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads