• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by samus
Are you telling me that Hendrick's is £35? Domestically?? Jesus - I pay $30!

Edit: I see not domestically - Denmark. That explains everything. I have never seen higher booze prices than in Scandinavia.

Yeah, we do love our taxes. And 35£ is not even the highest price I have seen the Hendrick's go for... But I bought a couple more bottles of Sapphire, since it was on sale...

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
I've never seen that stateside.
Martin Miller's? I buy it where I am, which means it is pretty findable. Chorse is in NYC, so Astor will almost certainly have it. If they don't, Park Ave. can get it. ~ H

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greg johnson
I tasted through the 2005 and 2006 Bouchard lineups at the Domaine last year. I was generally impressed at all levels, and find Bouchard to be a particular value - along with Boillot - the past few years. Since their purchase by Henriot, quality has improved dramatically, but prices have only risen modestly, due both to their large size and mainly negociant reputation. You should be quite happy with the 2005 Chardonnay.

Okay it was the 2007 Chardonnay not the 2005...not that I would have been able to tell the difference being a n00b at this so far but...it was fantastic! I will certainly be buying a few more bottles of this one!

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't actually bought it yet but I just found out that there is a small whisky distillery very close to my home called "White Oak":

http://www.ei-sake.jp/all/distillery.html

I plan to try some soon! At this point they only offer an 8 year old single malt but will release a 12 year in a few months.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Among others:

Glenfarclas 21 (Scotch Whiskey)
Rittenhouse 100 (Rye) Bottled in Bond
Jameson Reserve Gold (Irish Whiskey)
Ron Centenario 20 Rum
Eagle Rare 10 (individual barrel bottling)

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Girardian
Among others:

Ron Centenario 20 Rum
)

the tico rum

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Got my Merry Edwards allocation Friday. Just phoned in my order. 2006 Angel Wing x 1 2008 Sauvingnon Blanc x 5 (The WS just gave her 07 a 96. The highest rated SB in their history. I had three, down to one. ) 2007 Olivet Lane x 2 2007 Russian River Valley x 6 2007 Sonoma Coast x 1 magnum (I am really getting hooked on collecting mags
smile.gif
) It should ship around the middle of April. I'm going to let it all sit for a few weeks, but plan to crack one of those SBs to see if it's going to stack up to the 07. Edit: Binge, Matt, you West Coast folks, a small amount of her SBs hit the retail outlet channels in CA. I know some of you like whites more than I do, I'd recommend heading out and trying to locate a bottle or three of her '07 SB.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to try that Sauvignon.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So I had basically forgotten I had ordered a six pack of Turley zins. Here they are.

DSC01051.jpg

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Just drank a 2004 Monte Degli Angeli Barolo. Obviously too young but at $22 I didn't feel bad opening it and letting it decant all day long. The end product was really excellent, I was very surprised. 93 WS is a little high for me, but it's not far off and I could see that score easily after a few years of bottle aging.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought another bottle of the Bouchard 2007 Bourgogne Reserve Chardonnay...great stuff!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I just scored a bottle of Junipero! I shall be having a Vya martini tonight.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet, Pio. It is a gentle gin.

~ H

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I just scored a bottle of Junipero! I shall be having a Vya martini tonight.

Since Hunts turned me on to Junipero, I exaggerate not when I tell you that it is my favorite gin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads