• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your five favorite films and I will mock and generalize you

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
my five favorite movies with Ricky Jay roles Magnolia House of Games Last Days Redbelt Heist mock me plz.
Magicians are by and large creepy and /or gay. David Copperfield, creepy. Sigfried and Roy? Gay. David Blaine. Maybe both? Stop idolizing creepy gay guys. That being said, a few of your movies are decent, and a few of them are utter crap. Magnolia was a jerkoff of epic proportions, saved by what was probably way too good of a soundtrack. Personally, I'm surprised anyone liked Heist. I'm going to re-write your list for you. The Diary of Anne Frank Fiddler On The Roof Schindlers List Eight Crazy Nights Yentl Ok. Done.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Heh, I am white.

No, you are light peach colored. Stop arguing with me you off-white motherf*cker.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hah, that was pretty good. I am a Mamet apologist but Heist is certainly not at the same level as rest.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hah, that was pretty good. I am a Mamet apologist but Heist is certainly not at the same level as rest.

I know how it works, all you Jews in the entertainment industry have to band together. Wouldn't want the worldwide conspiracy to come crumbling down around your ears because Gene Hackman mailed in his role, and Conne can't stop gushing about how hot Patti LuPone is in it.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Circle of Iron

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
seriously, is epic. google it

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
seriously, is epic. google it

Why, I own it.
smile.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wish i could +rep.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
wish i could +rep.
The story illustrates a great difference between Oriental and Western thinking. This average Westerner would be intrigued by someone’s ability to catch flies with chopsticks, and would probably say that has nothing to do with how good he is in combat. But the Oriental would realize that a man who has attained such complete mastery of an art reveals his presence of mind in every action...True mastery transcends any particular art. -Bruce Lee But the movie is still a giant circle jerk.
smile.gif

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score

It's no House of Games or Spartan, but it's got some of the sharpest (and funniest) dialogue Mamet has ever written. Great cast too.

Also, my list got skipped (understandable). Fuuma, you can do it!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny Amiga
Heat Spirit of the Beehive Army of Shadows Vanishing Point Face Of Another
You've tried to hide the presence of a second-rate cops&robbers wannabe existential movie among the higher brow ones but it's standing out like the puss-filled spots on the face of a teen boy, or the laser-sanded wrinkles displayed by the women Connie lusts after. Trying to counter with "but he made Miami Vice" like it's a good thing will get you laughed out of this thread.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarity
Oh boy!

Top Gun
Star Wars Episode 1
Cannibal Holocaust
Milo and Otis
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Sid: You want subversion on a massive level. You know what one of the greatest ******* scripts ever written in the history of Hollywood is? Top Gun.
Duane: Oh, come on.
Sid: Top Gun is ******* great. What is Top Gun? You think it's a story about a bunch of fighter pilots.
Duane: It's about a bunch of guys waving their dicks around.
Sid: It is a story about a man's struggle with his own homosexuality. It is! That is what Top Gun is about, man. You've got Maverick, all right? He's on the edge, man. He's right on the ******* line, all right? And you've got Iceman, and all his crew. They're gay, they represent the gay man, all right? And they're saying, go, go the gay way, go the gay way. He could go both ways.
Duane: What about Kelly McGillis?
Sid: Kelly McGillis, she's heterosexuality. She's saying: no, no, no, no, no, no, go the normal way, play by the rules, go the normal way. They're saying no, go the gay way, be the gay way, go for the gay way, all right? That is what's going on throughout that whole movie... He goes to her house, all right? It looks like they're going to ********, you know, they're just kind of sitting back, he's takin' a shower and everything. They don't ********. He gets on the motorcycle, drives away. She's like, "What the ****, what the **** is going on here?" Next scene, next scene you see her, she's in the elevator, she is dressed like a guy. She's got the cap on, she's got the aviator glasses, she's wearing the same jacket that the Iceman wears. She is, okay, this is how I gotta get this guy, this guy's going towards the gay way, I gotta bring him back, I gotta bring him back from the gay way, so I'll do that through subterfuge, I'm gonna dress like a man. All right? That is how she approaches it. Okay, now let me just ask you - I'm gonna digress for two seconds here. I met this girl Amy here, she's like floating around here and everything. Now, she just got divorced, right? All right, but the REAL ending of the movie is when they fight the MIGs at the end, all right? Because he has passed over into the gay way. They are this gay fighting ******* force, all right? And they're beating the Russians, the gays are beating the Russians. And it's over, and they ******* land, and Iceman's been trying to get Maverick the entire time, and finally, he's got him, all right? And what is the last ******* line that they have together? They're all hugging and kissing and happy with each other, and Ice comes up to Maverick, and he says, "Man, you can ride my tail, anytime!" And what does Maverick say? "You can ride mine!" Swordfight! Swordfight! Fuckin' A, man!

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taxi Driver
Ichi the Killer
Natural Born Killers
The Machinist
Live and Let Die

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads