• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Tale of Two Shoes: Fixing a pair of Bruno Maglis Photoessay

osc

Reaction score
just wow....looks like I just found a place to send my shoes for repair and recrafting

worship.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I was amazed at the work done when I first saw this thread months ago, I've now noticed that:

- the new half sole isn't stitched to the welt, but I guess the original sole wasn't either;
- no cork filler/paste in there?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
While I was amazed at the work done when I first saw this thread months ago, I've now noticed that:

- the new half sole isn't stitched to the welt, but I guess the original sole wasn't either;
- no cork filler/paste in there?

They're not Goodyear welt, most probably Blake construct

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the interest of echoing previous sentiments without being repetitive:

Thank you.

baseball_guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by osc
just wow....looks like I just found a place to send my shoes for repair and recrafting

worship.gif

This is one of the best threads I have read.

I agree, I think we all found a good place to send shoes for repair. I wonder, how much would a shoe rebuild like that cost?

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
baseball_guy;2659341 said:
This is one of the best threads I have read.
QUOTE]

+1, one of the most informative posts on shoe recrafting. Great stuff, thanks for sharing with pictures.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Simply awesome.

stewartu

Reaction score
Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads