• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Kookz, very nice surroundings.

Brett, thanks. Pdf to jpg with Paint.

So, the bar will be in the room basically in the middle of the house, with the double French doors that open outside. This floorplan is not labelled, as my wife made it herself, off a copy the builder gave her of the actual building plans. No patios are included, neither is the courtyard, which will be outfront.

The master bedroom is bottom left. The whirl pool tub has a double sided fire place, that will open into the master bedroom too. You can see the large walk in closet, as well as the other secondary closet. The recessed fireplace, over which I want to hang our flat screen (as has been discussed) is at the top of the picture, and it borders the kitchen. You can see there will be a great room, so that when you walk in, the views flow out to the back yard. If you look directly to the left of the front door, you will see a powder room. The recessed nook outside the powder room will have our 500 or so bottle wine cellar slide into it. We're still playing with the kitchen configuration, but you can see this one has an island/curved counter design.

Proposed move in date is Feb 2011.

Anyway, here it is. Total sq footage just under 4900 sq feet.

Floorplan.jpg

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
I'm new to the site, but here's home for me for the last few months, it's the white building.

CIMG1151.JPG

Living room
CIMG1125.JPG

Looking out the front window (where I took the first picture from)
CIMG1127.JPG

Kitchen
CIMG1128.JPG

Dining room
CIMG1129.JPG

Stairway to the top floor
CIMG1134.JPG

Top floor
CIMG1136.JPG

Terrace
CIMG1137.JPG

And the best part, the views from the terrace of Lake Geneva and the French Alps
CIMG1138.JPG

CIMG1139.JPG

CIMG1140.JPG

CIMG2643.JPG

IMG_1420pro.jpg

IMG_1423pro.jpg

Where do you live in Chicago?

Kookz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Where do you live in Chicago?

I just spend about a month a year there but it's my "permanent residence" in the states. Gf's apartment is in Lakeshore East next to Aon. I work in Saudi Arabia and my parents live in Switzerland, but I'm between visas so I've been spending time with my parents when I'm not traveling.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So here is a picture our builder took. This is how the ceiling above our main entrance will look. We plan to make sure that vent is not there (ugh) and to use colour a bit more, as in a lighter shade for the fascia surface vs. the sophet surface, and a nicer light fixture.

DSC01026.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Floorplan.jpg

I have no doubt that this will look nice IRL, and you guys probably have a different vision for it than what I'm imagining, but those angled lines on that hallway really catch my eye in a strange way everytime I see it. I'm sure IRL it'll be different, but in a purely 2D way, I find it odd.
Originally Posted by Piobaire
So here is a picture our builder took. This is how the ceiling above our main entrance will look. We plan to make sure that vent is not there (ugh) and to use colour a bit more, as in a lighter shade for the fascia surface vs. the sophet surface, and a nicer light fixture.

DSC01026.jpg

I like that.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I have no doubt that this will look nice IRL, and you guys probably have a different vision for it than what I'm imagining, but those angled lines on that hallway really catch my eye in a strange way everytime I see it. I'm sure IRL it'll be different, but in a purely 2D way, I find it odd.

You have to see the 3D renderings. Just 22 months until planned move in. Stay tuned
smile.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Please do share

Impossible. On the builder's CAD computer.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks a bit too 80s for me but that's not my house.

Congrats on getting a house where you can nearly park a 787 Pio !
wink.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Looks a bit too 80s for me but that's not my house.

Congrats on getting a house where you can nearly park a 787 Pio !
wink.gif

LOL, thanks.

It's certainly not going to be an avante guarde place to live. We're going more for contemporary classic. The builder uses the same architect for 99% of his projects, including ours. I'll try to get a few pics of some prior works, so you get more the feel than one multi-sophetted entry way to judge.

Yes, it's a big rambling ranch, but that's a very typical style where I live. Multi-story is usually in the lower SES developments. In fact, the deed restrictions in our little 12 lot development call for single story, not to exceed 24 feet. I guess being able to spread out over a couple of acres is one of the local signalling things.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
****, plo, that's one house?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
****, plo, that's one house?

My dream house
smile.gif

Doesn't include outdoor living areas, in the drawing, or the pool/guest house I plan to have built too
wink.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^we're shooting for 2012 to build ours. i'll pm you a cad I did of it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^we're shooting for 2012 to build ours. i'll pm you a cad I did of it.

Sweet!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads