• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers khaki's - which fit?

nicedream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kjm
This was the response from Brooks Brothers:

I am following up with you regarding the requested measurements. Our Milano trousers in a size
32-32 have a front rise of 9" and bottom leg opening of 8 3/4". Our Clark trousers have a front rise
of 11" and a leg opening of 8".

Do those leg opening measurements seem right to you? I figured the Clarks would have a bigger opening. I think either she meant to type 9" or she mixed up the Clark leg opening measurements with the Milano measurements. Thoughts?

I realize this is a few months old, but I just wanted to mention that the measurement you were quoted for the Clark leg opening is accurate. I have a pair in size 34x30, and the opening is 8 inches.

davidsj

Reaction score
I really liked the higher rise of the Clark fit, but the leg and opening were not slim enough for me. It produced a somewhat baggy fit around the knees and down.

tink

Reaction score
is the waist on the milano cut true to size?

inkwretch

Reaction score
I bought the Milanos and have returned them for the Clarks. The leg openings on the Milanos were very small and I thought fit awkwardly over shoes -- sort of bunched up on top and to narrow to fit over the shoe. I prefer a bigger opening on the bottom.

yarnsforth

Reaction score
I have Milanos and I like them. I'm thin and prefer the slimmer cut and I think the low rise provides for a summery, relaxed look/feel (a plus for me).
Length and bunching on shoes is not a problem for me; I chose a length that gives me a minimal or no break.
I also think that the quality is better than what I've had with J. Crew, Banana Republic, etc.

inkwretch

Reaction score
I also worry about looking topheavy, or having stick legs, with the Milanos, since they are so slim. Especially if worn with a blazer.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Low-rise trousers flatter no one.

Jay687

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
Low-rise trousers flatter no one.

Why is that?

I'd disagree. They would tend to flatter anyone shorter, wouldn't they? Since low-rise would be proportional to a higher rise on someone taller?

But anyway, does anyone know if that was indeed a typo with regards to leg opening on the Milanos? Since they definitely don't seem to flair, and doubt they would. I'd guess they are an 8" opening for the 32s?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried the Milano and Clark pants on yesterday. I like the fit of both, but for wearing a blazer, I'm likely to get the Clark because of the higher rise.

SK8

Reaction score
I have tried on the Milano and found the rise to be too low. The Clark was better, but in the end I purchased the Jcrew Bowery pant.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I tried the Milano and Clark pants on yesterday. I like the fit of both, but for wearing a blazer, I'm likely to get the Clark because of the higher rise.

Clark is really nice,not super slim but is cut fairly trim. BB has many colors, they are non wrinkle to boot, I'd rather prefer non-iron pants than shirts.

Rosencrantz1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SK8
I ended up buying the Jcrew Bowery pant.

+1. Just got a pair of these myself (in classic fit) and they are very nice, IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads