• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Having a hard time deciding between some Seikos....

litho

Reaction score
i was sick in my mouth

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of the lot, I like the Orange moster lite simply because it has a display back. I love Seiko 5 divers. Of my collection, these two are are my favourites.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, those are ugly... no other word to describe it. I just don't get it.

Bob01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Of the lot, I like the Orange moster lite simply because it has a display back. I love Seiko 5 divers. ...
Well the "Monster Lite" isn't even a true Seiko diver, since its "only" rated at 100m, but considering most divers never dive below 47m/140 feet, never really got why 200m is considered the standard depth for dive watch...but I like the contrasting chapter ring and day/date - I saw a Monster with this mod a while back (along with a few other things done to it) on watchuseek- thought it looked really unique, but at $500 was way to rich for my blood..then bumped into this guy :)
... Of my collection, these two are are my favourites. ...
standard.jpg

For the map watch you have, have you tried the distance scrolling function on it? It looks cool, but wondering how you fit it under your sleeve? :)

Bob01

Reaction score
Upon some research, it looks like the Monster Lite will need to be taken off the list...as theres the possibility it will leak on a shallow 10m dive...static pressure vs. dynamic pressure n' all that.... This would explain how my heart monitor workout watch (water resistant to 40m) got flooded on a 15 foot dive.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_...classification " Water resistance classification Water Resistant 30 m or 50 m \tSuitable for water related work and fishing. \tNOT suitable for swimming or diving. Water Resistant 100 m \tSuitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkeling, sailing and water sports. \tNOT suitable for diving. Water Resistant 200 m \tSuitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports. \tNOT suitable for diving. Diver's 100 m \tMinimum ISO standard (ISO 6425) for scuba diving at depths NOT requiring helium gas. \t Diver's 100 m and 150 m watches are generally old(er) watches. Diver's 200 m or 300 m \tSuitable for scuba diving at depths NOT requiring helium gas. \tTypical ratings for contemporary diver's watches. Diver's 300+ m for mixed-gas diving \tSuitable for saturation diving (helium enriched environment). \tWatches designed for mixed-gas diving will have the DIVER’S WATCH L M FOR MIXED-GAS DIVING additional marking to point this out.

JohnD356

Reaction score
The Orange Monster is probably the most popular among watch guys. Should have a pretty solid resale value. You might want to see what they say on Timezone.com.

Bob01

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnD356
The Orange Monster is probably the most popular among watch guys. Should have a pretty solid resale value. You might want to see what they say on Timezone.com.

Yeah, I just wanted something a bit different than what everyone else has when diving... Investigating Mod options on the Monster I can get commissioned...maybe a black monster with orange chapter ring with different hands? ;-)

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a nice watch but orange is just not my color.

Jack2000

Reaction score
Orange face diving watches are orange because they are more readable underwater in dim light--not really a fashion statement so much as a function.

emakris

Reaction score
The Orange Monster is legendary amongst Seiko fans. Unfortunately (or fortunately, as the case may be), I am not one of them.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of the lot, I like the Orange moster lite simply because it has a display back. I love Seiko 5 divers. Of my collection, these two are are my favourites.
- nice in a Arnie way.. & no not what I am looking as per our email this AM..
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads