• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That photo of the dirty white jeans made me sick to my stomach. I'm washing all my raws immediately.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obeserabbit
could you clarify on how you steam the legs? i think i have the problem of vertical fading

Yeah, I have a Tobi steamer

http://www.tobisteamer.com/

And I hang them on my unit then reach up inside the leg from the bottom and slowly steam it while pulling downwards. The creasing was very rigid on mine so I made sure to do this before I wore them. The Tobi is a great product for me. I use it all the time.

IGF-1

Reaction score
just got in a pair of skinny from the friends & family deal

sized down 1 and the thighs are just to tight

unless anyone's had experience with the thighs stretching with this denim, i might try to exchange for the standard fit or just give up on them altogether

Johnathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IGF-1
just got in a pair of skinny from the friends & family deal

sized down 1 and the thighs are just to tight

unless anyone's had experience with the thighs stretching with this denim, i might try to exchange for the standard fit or just give up on them altogether

The thighs will stretch, at least mine have.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone spot these in the DC area stores?

Wh0l3

Reaction score
So I normally wear a 32" waist in levi's but I'd like to get the tall 36" inseam in the skinny rigid jeans. Unfortunately the smallest size they have is a 34" for the waist, should I go for these or just get a 32x34?

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wh0l3
So I normally wear a 32" waist in levi's but I'd like to get the tall 36" inseam in the skinny rigid jeans. Unfortunately the smallest size they have is a 34" for the waist, should I go for these or just get a 32x34?

they are vanity sized so try a 31x34 if you can find one.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anybody keen on some discounts?

I'd like some 34x34 in the standard fit (rigid dark rinse) for something less than the 88 retail...

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gap is having a sale right now where you buy 4 sale items you get them all additional 30% off

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are the selvage jeans on sale though (at least in chicago)?

I might be willing to find 3 more cheap sale items...

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are on sale at my store for$40, ymmv though it might be full price $80

jcrewsmcknight

Reaction score
I just got selvage standard fit and I'd like them to shrink a little bit. What will happen if I were to wash them and put them in the dryer right off the bat?

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcrewsmcknight
I just got selvage standard fit and I'd like them to shrink a little bit. What will happen if I were to wash them and put them in the dryer right off the bat?

They'll shrink but not much, all the gap denim, selvage or otherwise is sanforized.

The 'dark rigid' raw selvage standards that you have are pretty soft by raw denim standards and are tough to break in even untouched, I would think washing them is probably going to eliminate much chance of major fades and combs.

I have the exact same denim in the skinny fit and unwashed mine look the same as they did 4 months ago aside from some wallet fade and the combs are finally getting a little lighter.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcrewsmcknight

If you use the hottest wash temp and the hottest dryer setting for like an hour, yeah it should work.

As I said in the sale thread, 30% off with Gap code through Thurs. PM me. These jeans are a decent buy at that price.

jcrewsmcknight

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
They'll shrink but not much, all the gap denim, selvage or otherwise is sanforized.

The 'dark rigid' raw selvage standards that you have are pretty soft by raw denim standards and are tough to break in even untouched, I would think washing them is probably going to eliminate much chance of major fades and combs.

I have the exact same denim in the skinny fit and unwashed mine look the same as they did 4 months ago aside from some wallet fade and the combs are finally getting a little lighter.

Sorry, but this is my first pair of selvage jeans so I don't know anything! What exactly do you mean by the fading and combs? Thanks for the help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads