• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When you state your weight...

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rarely does a person specify how much clothing he is wearing when weighed. Maybe the poll will say.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i weigh myself only in my drawers.

enjoiii

Reaction score
At the gym so shirt, shorts and running shoes.

lucidy

Reaction score
I weigh myself in the morning, so in boxers.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I weigh myself at the gym as well. Usually just wearing my boxers. It doesn't make much sense to me to weigh myself with much more clothes on than that - what good is knowing your weight unless its accurate?

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF is with this ongoing "when you state weight" crap? Of course you don't count clothing - because clothing varies in weight from day to day. "Oh hey I lost two pounds today... by taking off my ******* overcoat!" You take your damn clothes off to weigh yourself, if you want an accurate reading.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my gym scale is in full view of everyone so I have to weigh clothed - am not the biggest fan of public nudity. I'm thinking my clothes and sneakers are about what, a pound and a half?

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
my gym scale is in full view of everyone so I have to weigh clothed - am not the biggest fan of public nudity. I'm thinking my clothes and sneakers are about what, a pound and a half?

I shouldn't really matter as long as you are wearing about the same amount of clothes each time you weigh in. Discussing weight in absolute terms is meaningless anyway.

raclotz

Reaction score
never found whats the difference... its ok for me to weigh myself with dressed and shoes on.. maybe i will deduct 7-8 pounds of the total...

bobdobalina

Reaction score
Bah. In a state of undress because that method unquestionably removes one source of variability from the process of tracking my weight.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I usually weigh myself only wearing boxers. I also found out I weigh less in the morning. All this usually makes for a good day.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I usually weigh myself only wearing boxers. I also found out I weigh less in the morning. All this usually makes for a good day.

Same. Weighing oneself at the same time each time is more important than what you are wearing. Your bodyweight will vary throughout the day depending on various factors such as how much water you retain, what you eat, what you have been doing, etc. First thing in the morning is the best way to get "unbiased" results.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The original question was an old one, because it seemed dumb, as though everyone weighs himself while undressed. It was just a wild guess that some people 'game' with their clothing to get a lower reading. The results supports the "no dumb questions" adage.

Yes, it is best to do weighing at the same time every day (or every other, as daily is unnecessary). Probably right before getting into the shower (better to not slip on the scale) and following use of the toilet.

stylemeup

Reaction score
I don't see why anyone would ever weigh himself with clothes or shoes on - that's dumb IMO. Clothes and shoes are not how much you weigh, so taking them off doesn't make you 'weigh less'. It just make the scale give you your true weight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads