• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steroids in Bodybuilding...

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ShyBoy
have to agree,but unfortunately,a lot of teenagers are using it because it works

its the way they rationalise it...''well pot is illegal,ppl still smoke it''

So sad. I remember one or two stories of it when I was in high school.

ShyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
if you took them, you wouldn't find it so strange.

i was tempted when i younger,but said to myself...ok,after one cycle,am i going to phsycholically handle training without steroids,not having the recuperative powers and strength,the size,compliments ?......and the answer was no

i knew once i got a taste of steroids, i would find it hard to stop,knowing my somewhat obsessive personality

plus i knew i wanted to build a physique that i could sustain longterm without any medical problems

bottom line,steroids works,and in moderation and under medical supervisition,is quite safe

each to his own

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
but truthfully the best athletes aren't giant hulks- they are generally lean and muscular.

Athlete can mean many things.

Steroids, when combined with a knowledgeable person, great diet and routine can allow a person to sustain an otherwise unachievable muscle to fat ratio while bulking, and accelerate the process as well. They can be used safely.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
Athlete can mean many things.

Steroids, when combined with a knowledgeable person, great diet and routine can allow a person to sustain an otherwise unachievable muscle to fat ratio while bulking, and accelerate the process as well. They can be used safely.

It's like a fat person who gets there stomach stapled or uses the "band". It's a way to make it easier for people who couldn't do it through regular work.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wrong. you can achieve things through steroids that no amount of regular work can achieve.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
wrong. you can achieve things through steroids that no amount of regular work can achieve.

Sure buddy.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and you can have fun without drinking too. what have you achieved drug-free? body beautiful?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's like a fat person who gets there stomach stapled or uses the "band". It's a way to make it easier for people who couldn't do it through regular work.
ha. You're so wrong it's not even funny. Most of the people I know who have dabbled with anabolics have dedication to bodybuilding that most people will never have to anything in their life. You have absolutely no idea how hard you have to work to get everything you can from a cycle. How often do you set your alarm for 4am to get up and eat a meal when you don't have to be up until 7? How often do you eat an entire jar of natty peanut butter at work, every single day? How many times have you trained so hard you puked? In addition to this, many people who use anabolics have reached their genetic limit and want to go beyond this, which is impossible naturally. You should really educate yourself on the subject before making posts like this.

ShyBoy

Reaction score
unfortunately kunk is right,i have seen guys with average genetics achieve amazing results

btw biggest giveaway of steroid use is overdeveloped traps

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
and you can have fun without drinking too. what have you achieved drug-free? body beautiful?

Huh? You haven't "achieved" anything by using steroids. I guess you could say you achieved a certain look in the same sense I would if I got peck implants and lypo. One is surgical and one is pharmacological.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Wow. I am just gonna peace out of this one. What a sad, fucked up thread.

ShyBoy

Reaction score

we are not condoning steroid use,we are just giving you the facts

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're the only sad thing I see around here, see my post above. You're clearly uneducated on this subject, and your assumptions are way off base. When I did my first cycle, I hardly had a social life because I was eating all day and couldn't drink or party. I gave up a lot of things because I didn't want to be away from home because I didn't want to miss a meal. I got up in the middle of the night every night to eat. I trained ****** off in the gym. I worked for every bit of muscle I gained.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
You're the only sad thing I see around here, see my post above. You're clearly uneducated on this subject, and your assumptions are way off base.
You've got to be kidding me. Do a google search and read something other than a bodybuilding forum. Steroid takers tend to be the guys who couldn't hack it in high school sports. Maybe they started taking them then, but inevitably they are the kids who weren't as good as the talented kids. Rather than either accepting their situation or working hard at actually training they took the easy way out and cheated. Most of the time the results aren't even that impressive from a sports standpoint because just being bigger doesn't make you superior to a talented athlete even in a sport like football. The adults who do steroids are pretty similar. Vain to the extreme, they "bodybuild" for vanity rather than fitness- an illusion of health and masculinity since they are basically destroying their kidneys and joints while subjecting themselves to a host of disgusting side effects including literally shrinking ********. These pro-steroid rants aren't uncommon where guys claim that steroids are the fountain of youth or compare steroids to smoking pot. Both of those assertions are so absurd I am not even going to dignify them with a response.

ShyBoy

Reaction score
ha. You're so wrong it's not even funny. Most of the people I know who have dabbled with anabolics have dedication to bodybuilding that most people will never have to anything in their life.

You have absolutely no idea how hard you have to work to get everything you can from a cycle. How often do you set your alarm for 4am to get up and eat a meal when you don't have to be up until 7? How often do you eat an entire jar of natty peanut butter at work, every single day? How many times have you trained so hard you puked?

In addition to this, many people who use anabolics have reached their genetic limit and want to go beyond this, which is impossible naturally. You should really educate yourself on the subject before making posts like this.

i agree with you...but i also know plenty of guys who take steroids for quick results...they party all night,have **** diets and no dedication

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics