• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Appreciation

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by plotter
Is jimmyoneill straight up still going to show off his Barkers? Lol. JK.

3/4 of my Barker Black's are still unworn...

plotter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
3/4 of my Barker Black's are still unworn...

I have that same problem with my Vass collection. Lol. Shoe addictions...They will be the end of us.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salsalocust
Edward Green "Malvern" chestnut / beige twill (202 last) UK 9F

IMG_0673.jpg
[/IMG]

Regards,

Graham
smile.gif

If you happen to get the one by C&J on the 348 last, size UK7 I'll be all ears
wink.gif

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to wearing my BB Peal calf/suede specs this summer. Any thoughts on caring for these? Aside from carefully applying conditionner and wax on the calfskin, should I treat the suede with suede spray?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot about this thread..

From last week.
CIMG0435.jpg

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PG,

I saw those in the WAYWRN thread and I really liked them.
I was particularly impressed by the way that you've apparently managed to match your bag to your spectators - are the corners on the bag navy like the specs, or black?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That EG Malvern is sweet,can someone recommend something with canvass and leather?Something like Malvern,maybe C&J version?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
That EG Malvern is sweet,can someone recommend something with canvass and leather?Something like Malvern,maybe C&J version?

C&J have a spectator called the Gerrard 3 on the 348 last in bracken leather and stone canvas in a UK E width. Retail (including VAT) is listed as UKP265.

If I thought it would fit me, I'd buy it without hesitation!

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
C&J have a spectator called the Gerrard 3 on the 348 last in bracken leather and stone canvas in a UK E width. Retail (including VAT) is listed as UKP265.

Thanks,where do you see them?I couldn't find them online.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love these Trickers that salsalocust posted a while back. I'd love to have this color combo made on the EG Falkirks.

IMG_4506.jpg

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman

Originally Posted by forex
Thanks,where do you see them?I couldn't find them online.

I cheated - I have a copy of the C&J catalogue for 2008-09 and it's listed in there.
I don't know if any of the usual dealers have the Gerrard, but you should be able to order it directly from C&J, although their delivery charges are rather steep. According to the catalogue, they charge UKP30 for delivery to the US and Canada and UKP40 to the rest of the world.

There's a picture here:
http://www.mandbgents.com/Bilder/Sko...rd-bracken.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I sorta liked the EG specs on the 202 last (brown + beige fabric), tried them and was considering purchasing but finally came back to my senses and realized there's no way I'd wear them so purchasing is pointless. If you keep a tightly edited shoe collection and resell when you have too much specs are out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads