• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger Mellie
Anyone else agree with this?

Also, what are these boots like to wear in the summer? Do your feet breathe or do they sweat like you're in a sauna?

No, beeswax look a lot better IMO.

clarity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger Mellie
Anyone else agree with this?

Also, what are these boots like to wear in the summer? Do your feet breathe or do they sweat like you're in a sauna?

They are fine in the summer for getting place to place. If you do a lot of outdoor activity you obviously would want to wear something else.

Fiddy

Reaction score
If any of you guys are interested, I just noticed that the tan suede Merona desert boot was marked down to $9.99 at the local Target. I was going to snag a pair but they didn't have my size. They're still $40 bucks online.

bure

Reaction score
I have a pair of beeswax desert boots and when it rains, the toe gets soaked easily... is there anything I can do to prevent this that won't make the color darken? Thanks

mistewacko

Reaction score
....Zappos raised prices from $89 to $95 for the brown and black suede.

To Sir with Love

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Karl Sand
is it possible to rock the DB with shorts?

I just happened to be reading the latest GQ magazine (it was an accident, really) and their "Style Guy" Glenn O'Brien received a similar question: "With summer around the corner, can you tell me what kind of shoes work best with shorts? Do I have to put my desert boots in hibernation?"

His response (for what its worth): "There is a certain charm in desert boots with shorts. In fact, hiking boots also give one an air of alpine joie de vivre. You may also wear loafers with no socks, white bucks, or sandals, but please save the flip-flops for the shower room."

To Sir with Love

Reaction score
I had to go to two different Target stores to find my size (9.5), but I got a pair of the Merona desert boots on clearance for $10 today. I figured it was worth the $ just to try out the style and help me figure out which color desert boot I like best (I was leaning toward the Desert Taupe in the Clarks). These Meronas probably won't last very long, but if I like them enough I'll get a pair of the real deal down the road.

sjnv

Reaction score
Yeah, I think any product will darken them, but maybe there's one that will let them more easily return to a light color? Mine are beginning to look random colored...

I wonder if mr. burns has an update on what his shoes look like now... he put on clear Chelsea Leather Food which sounds like a good one and lets the leather breathe. I'll pm him. I have mink oil, but I think it will darken them too much...

Originally Posted by mr. burns
a couple days later after the leather food has soaked in.
left and right are creasing differently but oh well.

db2.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by To Sir, with Love
I had to go to two different Target stores to find my size (9.5), but I got a pair of the Merona desert boots on clearance for $10 today. I figured it was worth the $ just to try out the style and help me figure out which color desert boot I like best (I was leaning toward the Desert Taupe in the Clarks). These Meronas probably won't last very long, but if I like them enough I'll get a pair of the real deal down the road.

I've worn mine frequently (at least 2-3 days a week) since picking them up a couple of months ago, and they've held up fine. They're even getting better looking with wear--seem to darken up through wear.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjnv
Yeah, I think any product will darken them, but maybe there's one that will let them more easily return to a light color? Mine are beginning to look random colored...

I wonder if mr. burns has an update on what his shoes look like now... he put on clear Chelsea Leather Food which sounds like a good one and lets the leather breathe. I'll pm him. I have mink oil, but I think it will darken them too much...

were those boots you posted the regular leather?

they look like bees wax.

norbertr

Reaction score
hm what stores can i buy chelsea leather food at? im thinking about trying them with mine. though i put about 3-4 months of wear into mine. will the results come out different color wise?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads