• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

nairb49

Reaction score
He's right.

Bought a couple pairs, can't comment on the fit compaired to the jeans, but its a great fit for me since its cut a bit fuller in the thigh than most "slim" pants, and I have much larger quads in proportion to the rest of me.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
the chambray's also not cut that slim. I'd say it's a little fuller than regular jcrew shirts.

are j crew shirts easy to tailor to be slimmed down?

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't see why it would be any harder than normal. take it to a tailor and they should have no trouble.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I <3 the regular fit.

How do you get them to not be so baggy? I need a 31x34 first of all, it doesn't help that I have to size up to the 32, but still, the pants are quite baggy. I'm looking for a more relaxed fit but still, these are just baggy.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
How do you get them to not be so baggy?
Nothing. My thighs are giant so the regular fit is like my slim fit.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
anyone know anything about the Jaspe jersey shirt, its looks nice and comfy. but they don't tell you if its 100% cotton, or really anything other than that they used a twisted cotton yarn and that its 'unique'.

I am just trying to determine if there is anything special about it, or if its basically a slightly nicer version of AA's 50-25-25 shirt.

I tried it on and it's really soft, but the small fit a little big on me (the shoulders were off). I couldn't justify the price on a gray t-shirt that didn't really fit, so I just picked up some of their regular "broken-in jersey" Ts. The tag on my "marled" gray says it's 100% cotton.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
If anybody has or has seen the white chambray, does it have one or two chest pockets? I would assume 2, but the site description says chest pocket (it states pockets on the other chambrays) and I can't tell from the pictures. If it only has one, I won't lust after it. Thanks.

FromCAtoCO

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit and quality of the Suits / Blazers?

How slim fitting are they? Worth it when on sale?

Quality of ties?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FromCAtoCO
Can anyone comment on the fit and quality of the Suits / Blazers?

How slim fitting are they? Worth it when on sale?

Quality of ties?

Their jackets never seem to fit me well. I'm not sure what it is, but the fit is off for me.

FromCAtoCO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Their jackets never seem to fit me well. I'm not sure what it is, but the fit is off for me.

like shoulder fit? Waist fit? Just crappy?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit and quality of the Suits / Blazers? How slim fitting are they? Worth it when on sale? Quality of ties?
Ties are decent quality. A little pricey but I splurge and go for some of the more unique designs that are harder to find elsewhere. I like their knit ties and other fabrics that are hard to find in ties, like wool and cotton. I just bought the chino blazer and I am 6' and got a size small. It fits me almost perfectly without alteration except the thing is pretty tight when buttoned. I got it on sale and don't need to button it really so I won't. If you are pretty skinny a small might fit you pretty well but I've found that for my slightly muscular build that the small is a little too tight to get an entire suit. Sizing up to a Medium is too big in the shoulders, too long in the skirt for my liking. I've never seen their wool suiting in the flesh but their cotton stuff is just as good as any I've seen at the price point. Pretty good fabric, way better than the stuff I got at Target. The buttons aren't sewn on very well though on the one I bought. I'll need to have them resewn by a real tailor. If you are a little wider or heavier than what your ideal weight and proportions should be than it will probably be a good fit, otherwise I'd look elsewhere.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
like shoulder fit? Waist fit? Just crappy?
I've tried on several J.Crew jackets in recent years and I consistently have problems with the collar sitting way too far from my neck. The shoulders often fit me well but the jackets still don't hang correctly on me.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
I tried it on and it's really soft, but the small fit a little big on me (the shoulders were off). I couldn't justify the price on a gray t-shirt that didn't really fit, so I just picked up some of their regular "broken-in jersey" Ts. The tag on my "marled" gray says it's 100% cotton.

thanks, I will have to wait a few months and maybe go after it if the sale gods smile upon me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads