• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
what type of buttons do you use on your shirts, plastic or shell/MoP?

Our existing shirts have plastic buttons - either tortoise or pearlized white. For the style forum shirts, everyone will get to vote on either natural shell buttons or plastic tortoise.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Unfortunately not. This no-pocket slim shape is part of our signature.

However, down the line we're working on some more casual shirts with buttoned chest pockets.

ooh, nice. will the SF x epaulet shirts have pockets? chest pockets with flaps remind me of j. press. also, are any of your shirts going to fit slim (and be long enough) on me if I'm 6'1", with a 35-36" chest. BoO smalls are comically short on me.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
ooh, nice. will the SF x epaulet shirts have pockets? chest pockets with flaps remind me of j. press. also, are any of your shirts going to fit slim (and be long enough) on me if I'm 6'1", with a 35-36" chest. BoO smalls are comically short on me.

No, these will have no pockets.

Our shirts are definitely cut longer than BoO. I have quite a few regular customers in the over 6' range. I think that our Small will work fine for you. It's not going to be skin-tight, but it will look slim and tailored.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3389791263_10ba523237_o.jpg

Hey everyone,

I want to introduce our neckwear collection to the forum. Our standard ties and bowties are handmade in New York City of either Italian silk or US cotton. The knit ties are made in Italy. They measure 2.5" at their widest point, so they're slim without being "skinny." The bowties measure 1 5/8" at their widest point and they are square-ended.

If you're familiar with Thom Browne or Band of Outsiders ties, then these are made in the same place. It's a small world here in NYC!

The ties that are above $50 will ship for free in the USA anyway. If any SF forum members want to buy a tie that's priced under $50, then I can can offer you free US shipping on those too. Just PM me.

Epaulet_Seersucker_Main.jpg

Blue Stripe Cotton Seersucker Tie: $40

Epaulet_Black_Glenplaid_Main.jpg

Glen Plaid Silk Jacquard Tie: $60

Epaulet_NavyHoundstoothMain.jpg

Navy/Black Houndstooth Silk Jacquard Tie: $60

Epaulet_NavyPindot_Bowtie_Main.jpg

Navy Silk Pindot Bowtie: $40

Epaulet_Navy_DotTie_Main.jpg

Navy Pindot Tie: $52

Epaulet_PurpleDot_Main.jpg

Purple Dot Tie: $52

Epaulet_KnitNavyTie_Main.jpg

Navy Silk Knit Tie: $60

Epaulet_KnitRedTie_Main.jpg

Red Silk Knit Tie: $60

korce

Reaction score
The shirts look great, one comment though: a collar size of 15.5 seems rather large for a small to me. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a small be 15", medium 15.5", large 16", etc.? It seems I'm a solid medium in your sizing everywhere except the collar...I'd probably be able to fit 4 or 5 fingers in there with it buttoned up!!

mistewacko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by korce
The shirts look great, one comment though: a collar size of 15.5 seems rather large for a small to me. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a small be 15", medium 15.5", large 16", etc.? It seems I'm a solid medium in your sizing everywhere except the collar...I'd probably be able to fit 4 or 5 fingers in there with it buttoned up!!

I'm the same size!

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by korce

+1. I was really looking forward to the seersucker and chambray shirts, but if the neck size is 15.5 on a small, then they aren't going to work for me (I need 14 or 14.5)

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you mind noting the length of the ties?

I've been interested in one of those Mills bags for a while now. The free shipping offer is really tempting.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
+1. I was really looking forward to the seersucker and chambray shirts, but if the neck size is 15.5 on a small, then they aren't going to work for me (I need 14 or 14.5)
Hey everyone, Thanks so much for the sizing feedback. Ultimately, I tried to make the shirts fit a range of bodies, and that required erring on the side of long for the sleeves and large for the collars. Although with these more casual seersucker and chambray shirts, this might be less of an issue as they're begging to be worn with an open collar. But I hear you. I met with my patternmaker today, and we're going to develop a custom XS size. This will have a 14.5-15 neck, shorter sleeves, and a slightly trimmer body.

JGP.

Reaction score
I also don't really understand the sizing. I am a 15.5 neck but I have a hard time believing that I could fit into a small for the rest of the shirt. I am a medium in jcrew, and a bb2 in black fleece. Would a small be big enough in the body and shoulders for someone 6'2" 170?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JGP.
I also don't really understand the sizing. I am a 15.5 neck but I have a hard time believing that I could fit into a small for the rest of the shirt. I am a medium in jcrew, and a bb2 in black fleece. Would a small be big enough in the body and shoulders for someone 6'2" 170?

I am 5'11" and 165, with a narrow build, but long arms, and the small fits me. I am guessing that you are a little bigger framed than I am, and I would recommend the medium for you (I've tried on both a small and a medium).

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for the sizing feedback. Ultimately, I tried to make the shirts fit a range of bodies, and that required erring on the side of long for the sleeves and large for the collars. Although with these more casual seersucker and chambray shirts, this might be less of an issue as they're begging to be worn with an open collar.

But I hear you. I met with my patternmaker today, and we're going to develop a custom XS size. This will have a 14.5-15 neck, shorter sleeves, and a slightly trimmer body.

Yeah I guess it isn't really a deal breaker since i never intend on wearing it buttoned all the way up. I just happen to have a tiny neck with a giant head, and I find a larger collar seems to highlight this somehow. An XS with a tiny neck and shorter arms would be awesome, although I hope it doesn't get as slim in the body as, say, BoO or I am screwed.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
Would you mind noting the length of the ties?

I've been interested in one of those Mills bags for a while now. The free shipping offer is really tempting.

Sure, the ties are 58" long. That's pretty much the industry standard. I just picked up a new delivery of silk and chambray ties - along with chambray and madras bowties. They look f'in great! I'll have pictures to show you guys tomorrow.

And yeah, the Mills bags are awesome. We just received the Flight bag in red. They've been really well received at our shop.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
While I'm working on the new tie images, I'll post this little gem. These magnetic ninja stars are one of my best-selling items. I've been buying every single piece that they produce:

You get 2 stars for $19.

3072672599_a57a191d7c_o.jpg

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...Magnets/Detail

You can either buy them at my website with any major credit card, or send me a PM if you want to pay with Paypal directly. Shipping is free for all orders over $50, so you'll have to pick up a few boxes or buy another item to get free shipping on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads