• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ande Whall Denim

JGP.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I was planning on using a seam-ripper anyways so I know it won't be too hard, I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't leave super noticeable holes in the back pockets. I think I will be ordering a pair soon.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The holes will be visible at first, but don't trip...as Fiddy said after some wear they should disappear. If that doesn't do the trick, a soak def does.

kit99bar

Reaction score
Fixed my pics so it can be displayed
smile.gif
Details showing the selvage fly, coin pocket, and all belt loops. All the selvage is hidden except for the tiny bit sticking out of the sides of the coin pocket. I also removed the stitching on the back pockets. I don't have a problem with how they look but I wanted to differentiate it from my indiglo Grifters.
blackgrifters.jpg
blkdetails.jpg

JGP.

Reaction score
Just noticed that the Cougars have similar measurements to Skull 50-10xx, anyone owned or tried on both that could comment on the fits?

Chinook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JGP.
Just noticed that the Cougars have similar measurements to Skull 50-10xx, anyone owned or tried on both that could comment on the fits?

I don't think so..

I saw a guy on campus who I think was wearing a pair of 50-10xx but they looked as skinny as my Grifters with just a longer inseam.

Not sure though.

JGP.

Reaction score
OK thanks, I was under the assumption that the skulls were skinnier as well, but when I compared the measurements they seemed somewhat close and I was confused. I'm gonna go with the whall's.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what gets me. I see Cougar pic and figure Cougar looks perfect. Then I see Grifter pic and figure Grifter looks perfect.

kit99bar - Would you mind stating your height, weight, and jeans size there? I'd really like to order a pair this weekend.

fudgebutt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kit99bar
I also removed the stitching on the back pockets.

Jesus christ... sometimes this forum drives me mad with anger

kit99bar

Reaction score
How I fitted the grifters:
I have largish thighs from squatting. I measured 2 inches below my navel (true waist) per Ande's instructions and then I looked at the size chart. The thigh measurement was too small. I added +1 to the waist and got that size. My jeans sit lowish on my hips but the thigh fits.

If I had gotten the cougars I would have sized down one from my true waist. Fiddy sized his cougars this exact way with -1 from true waist.

JGP.

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Cougars in 35-38, will post info and pics when they arrive. I hope I got the waist right...

DocHunter

Reaction score
I've had my cougars for about a week and now I'm beginning to think I should've sized down. They fit perfect right out of the box. I'm afraid the 1.5" of stretch will make them too big.

People have always recommended to go true to size with Ande Whall, but I think one size down would've eventually stretched to perfect with a little wear. What's the general concensus on this?

kit99bar

Reaction score
If you have a tape measure you should not have to guess at all.

Originally Posted by JGP.
Just ordered a pair of Cougars in 35-38, will post info and pics when they arrive. I hope I got the waist right...

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Measurements are readily available for both of the jeans you are asking about. Can't you check them out and compare?

obeserabbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
^ Measurements are readily available for both of the jeans you are asking about. Can't you check them out and compare?

im looking for opinions from people who've actually owned both, since new standards are known to stretch like crazy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads