• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles and style

lawcat

Reaction score
Ive been a motorcycle rider for quite some time and they definitely have their advantages as far as gas mileage, parking, etc go. I sold my last one last summer and am feeling the bug again. Before, I was happy with a loud, neon colored piece of machinery. Now, Im having trouble finding anything I like. For my next bike I want something with more style. Im thinking maybe some sort of Triumph or a Ducati. Im really liking the vintage repros because theyre a great representation of form and function combined. What kind of bikes do you guys find stylish? Pics?

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For style, Ducati or Moto Guzzi. The repros are not the way to go though. They are the PT Cruisers of the motorcycle world IMO.

dave

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the Triumph Thruxton and scrambler models. Less so the standard Bonne models.
Ducati's sportClassic line is a winner front to back but the Sport 100S is the gem in my book.
the first year they built the sportclassics they did the Paul Smart model and it was BEAUTIFUL.
If I had my d'ruthers though, I'd have the MH900e. not a new bike but sexy as hell.

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawcat
. For my next bike I want something with more style. Im thinking maybe some sort of Triumph or a Ducati.

I can tell that you are obviously a man of taste and refinement. Ducati is the way to go, within the last couple of years they have come out with a lot of great new models. The Hyper Motard, the 1098, the redesigned Monster, and the about to be released Street Fighter.

Myself, I have an '07 S2R 1000 Monster and I love it! A powerful L twin with a lot of torque across the powerband, the classic Ducati dry clutch sound, etc. I was considering a Triumph Speed Triple but I'm glad I went with the Ducati instead. Read up on differnt forums and decide what fits you better.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Here's my baby... she speaks for herself:
chop2at7.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve Smith
For style, Ducati or Moto Guzzi. The repros are not the way to go though. They are the PT Cruisers of the motorcycle world IMO.

^^

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by John Doe
Testify!!! PT Cruiser indeed. . .

Point taken. I had Triumphs in mind when I wrote that.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ouch. Well whatever, I like it. I have a '74 BMW and I appreciate the fact that this bike just starts every time I put the key in it (though to be fair the BMW is pretty reliable, considering). I wouldn't expect that from a real '70s 750GT, even though I'd love to be riding one.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice... aside from cosmetics and ergonomics our bikes are really very similar. Do you find it comfortable?

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's fairly comfortable. I put 11/2" handlebar risers on as well as the Ducati gel seat and both of those mods make it more comfortable. I like to take long trips on occasion so I didn't want anything with clip ons.

I really like the Sport Classics such as yours but I just couldn't go any distance with those ergonomics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads