• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best muscle/health food cook book?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a muscle building orientated cook book and wasnt really sure which to get. I know menshealth makes one but does any body have it or others? worth picking up?

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll find many definitions of "best" because diet theory varies greatly, and the best one for you will ultimately depend on which dietary theory you subscribe to.

That said, a good idea is to get the calorie and macronutrient breakdowns of food you like to eat, figure out which ones are the best for you, and learn how to make those.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently P90X has a nutrition guide that's really good, but I've never taken a look at it. Readily available on torrent sites though.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am not looking to really measure my calorie, fat, carb intake etc. just to be able to flip open a book for a quick healthy recipe that doesnt taste like ****. I found the name of the one I was considering, it is called muscle chow.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
This seems pretty good. I had it a while ago and used it for a few recipes.

http://www.gourmetnutrition.com/

Originally Posted by Philosoph
+1

Recipes are for small-timers, but this book has some decent ones.

i am thinking of asking for this for x-mas, do you think it is worth the money? ($45) it has all 5 star reviews on Amazon and I have read other great reviews on other sites, however its not avail. at B&N or Borders, nor my local library, so I cant check it out in person...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
i am not looking to really measure my calorie, fat, carb intake etc. just to be able to flip open a book for a quick healthy recipe that doesnt taste like ****. I found the name of the one I was considering, it is called muscle chow.

Go with that. I've had it for a year and a half and still use a number of the recipes from it. There are only a couple of recipes in the book I would consider a time investment. The rest probably take no more than 10 minutes of actual work on your part.

Lowndes

Reaction score
I really enjoy the Eating for Life cookbook.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i went for it and ordered the gourmet nutrition book, i will post a review in a few weeks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads