• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: PRPS and Crate denim at fileenes basement newton, ma

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They just received a shipment of clothes from barneys
among it is a lot of PRPS denim, mostly "dirty" looking washes in sizes 30, 34, 38, 40
also a few pairs of crate routes in assorted sizes and a ton of RRL denim in classic and bootcut fits

sajohnson05

Reaction score
What are the prices of the RRL and crates and are there any 34 any these two?

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they had crate routes in a dark indigo and black for 49 , i think RRL's were 49 as well ( may have been 69) they def had RRL in 34, (when i was there i saw every size from 30 - 38 in RRL), but i honestly dont remember seeing any crates in a 34

also, the PRPS were 99

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put 'em up in B&S.
Originally Posted by zazaza
they had crate routes in a dark indigo and black for 49 , i think RRL's were 49 as well ( may have been 69) they def had RRL in 34, (when i was there i saw every size from 30 - 38 in RRL), but i honestly dont remember seeing any crates in a 34 also, the PRPS were 99
I didn't know the Route came in black... I'll trade you my Purple Incos for black Routes or white, raw, or black RRL with a 30 waist.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody snapped up all the RRL? Couldn't find a single pair this AM.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you check throughout the store and not just up front where the "designer denim" was?
the stash i found was at your 10 o'clock if you're standing with the entrance behind you, very close to the far wall. I think there was a sign that said "bloomingdales"

then again, it is possible someone snagged it all over the weekend.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn! After my midterms I'll take a jaunt to newbury street to see if this is the case with the back bay location.

If it's true I'll post a report and I'll be happy to proxy.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can cop me RRL Slim Boot or Straight Fit in 36 x 34, or Routes in a 36, I'd be much obliged make it worth your while. PM me.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made my way through the whole store and I think I went through the rack you were talking about. Saw a lot of the Polo non-selfedged (MSRP $115) but nothing with the RRL label. Ah well, they sure expanded the shoe area, they needed more space for all that square toed crap. Maybe it will all turn up here or on ebay.

did you check throughout the store and not just up front where the "designer denim" was?
the stash i found was at your 10 o'clock if you're standing with the entrance behind you, very close to the far wall. I think there was a sign that said "bloomingdales"

then again, it is possible someone snagged it all over the weekend.

k4ppah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
damn! After my midterms I'll take a jaunt to newbury street to see if this is the case with the back bay location.

If it's true I'll post a report and I'll be happy to proxy.

I just called the back bay store and the guy I talked to didn't seem to have any knowledge of any Crate ever hitting that store.
confused.gif

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4ppah
I just called the back bay store and the guy I talked to didn't seem to have any knowledge of any Crate ever hitting that store.
confused.gif

sad
frown.gif
is sad. I have to be down there anyway for some business so I'll see for myself.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the boylston st store this weekend and i don't think they've put out the barneys stuff yet. at the front door there was a big sign showing some of the sales they were featuring , at the top it said "Next week - Barneys" so maybe try back later this week, thats my plan

k4ppah

Reaction score
I went to the boylston st store this weekend and i don't think they've put out the barneys stuff yet. at the front door there was a big sign showing some of the sales they were featuring , at the top it said "Next week - Barneys" so maybe try back later this week, thats my plan

Well that sounds promising, at least. Keep us updated
bounce2.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads