• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Uniqlo in New York

Jay_1989

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
they are decent, good for beaters but you will eventually want to replace them once you try more expensive brands
why would you say that if the quality is good? is the BoO cut that much better, or is the material more comfortable or something? uniqlo cuts fit me pretty well i couldn't really see something else fitting me substantially better

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Boo just has better details and is more comfortable

skiwebster

Reaction score

not to start a debate because i really like the material and details on my BOO oxford but I've only had it 2 months or so and 2 buttons have already came off. Meanwhile, my uniqlo oxfords' buttons are still going strong after a year of constant wear.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BoO pops buttons like rapper's pop bottles.

Jay_1989

Reaction score

Originally Posted by skiwebster
not to start a debate because i really like the material and details on my BOO oxford but I've only had it 2 months or so and 2 buttons have already came off. Meanwhile, my uniqlo oxfords' buttons are still going strong after a year of constant wear.
sounds to me like they've better at marketing their product as having attention to detail/being quality, not actually better quality haha.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
... its just buttons and also most people I know unbutton their shirts like cave men

nomad

Reaction score
Anyone kop the Opening Ceremony suit, how does it fit?

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard it ain't same day anymore though. I'd rather bring it to a real tailor anyways.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got stuff there hemmed for free, if it's a slow day, sometimes they say it'll be a few hours, mostly i go on the weekends and they say that the stuff will be ready in a day or two. For me the hassle of going downtown is 50/50 so sometimes I just pay $12 to get it hemmed closer to my apt. They do a good job though, hemming is probably the easiest alteration anyways..

taikuodo

Reaction score
note: they dont tailor for free on promotion / sales.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taikuodo
note: they dont tailor for free on promotion / sales.
Really? I just got some Vintage Chinos on sale for $30, and they were hemmed at no extra charge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads