• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Fantasy Baseball League 2009

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah wait, how did he get Pujols, Hamels, A-Rod, Webb, and Peavy? I mean as long as A-Rod is healthy for the playoffs it's not going to matter much. My excuse is that I missed the draft, what were you guys doing?
confused.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Yeah wait, how did he get Pujols, Hamels, A-Rod, Webb, and Peavy? I mean as long as A-Rod is healthy for the playoffs it's not going to matter much. My excuse is that I missed the draft, what were you guys doing?
confused.gif

I was asking myself that the entire draft. I saw a bunch of guys go off the board early that I though could have been held off on for one or two more rounds at least... There were three or four players in the first three or four rounds that went at least a round higher than ADP. I don't live and die by ADP, but its a pretty good indicator of value. A-Rod for example has an ADP of 15.7 - and I picked him up with the 26th pick. Hamels' ADP is 37.7, I got him at 50. There was some serious bargain hunting in the first seven rounds or so. A-Rod will likely be back in May. Then you are all going to be very very sorry you let him slip to round 3. I am a fantasy draft professional.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I was asking myself that the entire draft. A-Rod will likely be back in May. Then you are all going to be very very sorry you let him slip to round 3. I am a fantasy draft professional.
I can't believe this--I didn't even notice when reviewing the draft results. I wouldn't have let him slip.
confused.gif
Anyway we're all playing for second, Slopho. Good luck winning. EDIT: Upon examination I'm a partial culprit since I autopicked Upton in the 2nd. But how do CC, Webb, Halladay, and Longoria go in the 2nd? They don't belong there at all.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
I can't believe this--I didn't even notice when reviewing the draft results. I wouldn't have let him slip.
confused.gif
Anyway we're all playing for second, Slopho. Good luck winning. EDIT: Upon examination I'm a partial culprit since I autopicked Upton in the 2nd. But how do CC, Webb, Halladay, and Longoria go in the 2nd? They don't belong there at all.

Depends on who you ask.Webb went right at his ADP. Halladay went a round and a half early, Longoria went just before his ADP. If the person who took Longoria didn't take him, someone within four or five picks would have. Webb was best available on my board when I took him. Soriano was a little bit of a head scratcher, as was Upton.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Well I didn't want to sound arrogant by saying that I'm going to steamroll the league, even though thats how I feel. I figure second place is suitably humble.

Which team are you again?

He says that every year...

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that if I finish lower than second, it will be due to injury or drastic underperformance the likes of which are unprecedented in the anals of SF fantasy baseball. I said Anals.

You have to get a Japanese/Irish voodoo doll... Good luck finding one of those!

I'll dress it in green clothes.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
He says that every year...

Actually, the only thing I've said "every year" is that I'll beat you. Which I actually do every year. This year I feel like I can beat many others as well.

I'll dress it in green clothes.
It won't look anything like me then.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have to get a Japanese/Irish voodoo doll... Good luck finding one of those!

Ive been taking down half-asian girls since I was 5. Be afraid, Slim.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We'll agree to disagree, since I've got Hamels and Halladay above Webb on my board (he falls to around 33-35 on my board). Soriano is fine in that spot for me as he's a 30/20 threat.

Damn, that Upton pick pisses me off to no end. I have the following outfielders above him: Beltran, Lee, Vlad, Manny. Ugh!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
Ive been taking down half-asian girls since I was 5. Be afraid, Slim.

If I see any, I'll let you know.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I plan on copying your roster moves and using them in other leagues. Especially the money ones.

Beware the vulture!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
We'll agree to disagree, since I've got Hamels and Halladay above Webb on my board (he falls to around 33-35 on my board). Soriano is fine in that spot for me as he's a 30/20 threat.
I'm not talking about on your board, I'm talking about ADP. Soriano is an average 18.8 on yahoo which is the lowest I've found... Generally, he lives in the 25-28th pick range. I'd like to see a website with at least a 500 draft sample, where Alfonso Soriano is consistently taken with the number nine overall pick.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I plan on copying your roster moves and using them in other leagues. Especially the money ones.

Beware the vulture!

I'm pretty sure you've been doing that for years anyways. I thought thats how you won all those other leagues?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about on your board, I'm talking about ADP. Soriano is an average 18.8 on yahoo which is the lowest I've found... Generally, he lives in the 25-28th pick range. I'd like to see a website with at least a 500 draft sample, where Alfonso Soriano is consistently taken with the number nine overall pick.
smile.gif

Oh wow, I thought Soriano went #9 in the second round. Yeah, that's high.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you've been doing that for years anyways. I thought thats how you won all those other leagues?

I don't think so. I've won my keeper league 3 of the 4 years we've been playing for money.

Even if it's poor competition, it buys some nice new clothes.

I had a great season last year- 1,1, and 2. Only you spoiled it for me...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't think so. I've won my keeper league 3 of the 4 years we've been playing for money. Even if it's poor competition, it buys some nice new clothes. I had a great season last year- 1,1, and 2. Only you spoiled it for me...
You are welcome. Oh yeah, and by the way, I won last year. I forgot until you said that. <---------------Defending SF Fantasy Baseball CHAMPION!
Fantasy_Baseball_Trophy.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads