• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear Indy's with khaki's all the time. They look fine.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amlai
Well... not to dispute you too much, but Indiana Jones appears to be wearing some khaki chinos...
So, if you like that look, I think it's fine.

That's true, but most chino's out there don't look anything like the WW2 versions that the character wears.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
do the ultimate indys from LS look that mcuh different from regular indys? I don't know if I like the orangeish color of the regular one

if you use Pecard's you can get a deep burgundy on the regular Indy's. Most of the great looking pictures of old ones on the internet all started out with the ugly orange color. So go figure...

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indy116
That's what I was afraid of, thanks
frown.gif
Back to the drawing board.

Indys look like completely plain, brown, moc toe shoes under any pants. You could wear them with practically anything and look completely normal, average, inconspicuous.

indy116

Reaction score
Hmm. Ok. I guess I need to track down a pair to try on. I've been to one local Alden stockist and they didn't carry them, hopefully the other does.

kalanigee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
J. Crew x Alden Indy
6a010535d07789970c01156f665b06970b-800wi

Looks exactly like the ultimate indy minus the commando sole. Wonder how leathersoul hawaii feels about that.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Why is this thread not at 5 stars???

SerialComma

Reaction score
I'd love to hear what people have to say about the unlined suede chukka. I've been looking for a chukka or desert boot, but I don't like the flimsy crepe soles found on many (nor are they a good option for me, as I've got problematic feet). I dress casually, mostly jeans and either T-shirts or untucked OCBDs. I do a fair bit of walking, mostly in the city, so I'd want whatever I end up with to be able to keep up with me and keep my feet feeling good. Any thoughts would be appreciated, and I'd especially like to hear about people's experiences with them.

This would be a really big purchase for me, and I'd like to make sure that they're very versatile. So while we're at it, I'd also appreciate anyone casting their votes for tan, snuff, or chocolate. Thanks!

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I was really into it until I saw it in person. Isn't substantial at all, much prefer the other chukkas.

atct86

Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on the calfskin Horse Bit Loafers?

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have tried on the unlined chukka in stores. They look great, but I worry about the durability of the unlined suede. I haven't purchased them as I feel I can get a similar look with cheaper alternatives. I am a fan of the snuff suede version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads