• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steroids in Bodybuilding...

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I nominate this for dumb threads.

Dac

Reaction score
they only look like that for a few days of the year. spending 30k+ on steroids a year has made Ronnie a multi-millionaire, has some VERY nice cars and is respected wherever he goes as one of if not the best bodybuilder ever. he is/was a professional athlete who dominated his sport. i bet if Micheal Schumacher took you for a ride in a car you'd look at him/his skills in the same light!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dac
they only look like that for a few days of the year. spending 30k+ on steroids a year has made Ronnie a multi-millionaire, has some VERY nice cars and is respected wherever he goes as one of if not the best bodybuilder ever. he is/was a professional athlete who dominated his sport. i bet if Micheal Schumacher took you for a ride in a car you'd look at him/his skills in the same light!

His genetics are what got him there as well. There are only a handful of people who could ever look like that, no matter what drugs you take.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dac
i bet if Micheal Schumacher took you for a ride in a car you'd look at him/his skills in the same light!

Does Schumacher sound like a squirrel-voiced Japanese Appreciation star too? I didn't know that.

lefty

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a good friend is a pro bb. this is what an average week looks like:

1.5 gram sustenon or test blend

1 gram deca

75 mg/day anadrol

8 weekly IUs HGH and insulin

75mg/day tren

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
a good friend is a pro bb. this is what an average week looks like:

1.5 gram sustenon or test blend

1 gram deca

75 mg/day anadrol

8 weekly IUs HGH and insulin

75mg/day tren

Interesting, only because that is not that much gear. As someone else said, its more genetics than anything else. If you want to see some crazy dosing, check out the guys on the amateur circuits and you'll be sure to find some 180lber on 4grams of test.

Toward the end of my training I was up to 2500mg of enanthate and probably had used 100mg of dbol in addition to deca, GH, slin and a handful of other ancillaries.

Best stack IMO is still winny and water.

dl

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
There's health side effects to playing sports like hockey and football too.

Not necessarily.

Originally Posted by Eason
lol, I love ronnie. I always joked with my clients and lifting buddies "woooooo buddy, light weight light weight!"

Haha me too. I love saying that when I'm giving someone a spot.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4 grams. ****.

at my heaviuest use, i would do 50mg/day tren, 750mg a week deca and 750/week test and gained 35lbs. don;t know why anyone would need 4 g

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 grams is a boatload of test. Christ, how many times were you shooting a day? You must have looked like a pin cushion...

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's health side effects to playing sports like hockey and football too.
That's not even a logical comparison. The results from a quick google search for doing steroids aren't even comparable to what might happen from playing a sport. Physical activity is healthy overall.
One thing's for sure, they have a lot more willpower and dedication than the morbidly obese bedridden fatso.
I don't know, I think it takes quite a bit of willpower / addiction / mental illness to become a "morbidly obese bedridden fatso"...
Although anabolic androgenic steroids may increase lean muscle mass, strength, and the ability to train longer and harder, the serious side effects of steroids are many and may not be reversible. The minor side effects of steroid use include acne, oily skin, excess hair growth, and deepening of the voice. The major side effects of steroid use include an increased risk of cancer, increased risk of heart and liver disease, jaundice, fluid retention, reduction in HDL-C (“good cholesterol”), high blood pressure, changes in blood coagulation, increased risk of atherosclerosis, swelling of the soft tissues of the extremities (edema), and obstructive sleep apnea. Side effects specific to men can include testicular atrophy or the shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, and the development of breasts. For women, side effects can include enlargement of the clitoris, changes in the body contour growth of facial hair, disruption of the menstrual cycle, deepened voice and infertility. An increase in androgenic (male) hormones may also lead to aggressive behavior. Research also indicates that steroid users often suffer from paranoid jealousy, extreme irritability, delusions, and impaired judgment stemming from feelings of invincibility. Adolescents who abuse steroids are at a significant risk of suffering irreversible side effects, including stunted growth, accelerated puberty changes and abnormal sexual development. Adolescent girls in particular may suffer from severe acne, excessive body and facial hair, deepened voice, permanent enlargement of the clitoris, disruption of the menstrual cycle, and permanent infertility.
Originally Posted by Dac
I'd respect someone much more if they did it without drugs.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
4 grams is a boatload of test. Christ, how many times were you shooting a day? You must have looked like a pin cushion...

I didnt use 4g test. I'm saying the amateur circuit is full of guys who abuse gear like crazy thinking it'll make up for their lazy training and poor diets.

That being said I've always been a big fan of water based test which needs to be shot daily. Its usually cheap but hurts like a ***** to stick for 2 reasons. One, its water based, and 2 you need a pin large enough to get the crystals through. test susp will clog a 23 gauge pin in an instant.

dl

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
4 grams. ****.

at my heaviuest use, i would do 50mg/day tren, 750mg a week deca and 750/week test and gained 35lbs. don;t know why anyone would need 4 g

I shot tren a few times but never trusted the guy making it up. Oddly enough I had decent results pulverising the pellets and doing it transdermally with DMSO gel.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i used tren 3 times and kept all the gains/fat loss i got from it. amazing **** if you don;t mind kennel cough and feeling like ****.

Dac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
His genetics are what got him there as well. There are only a handful of people who could ever look like that, no matter what drugs you take.

absolutely. genes play a very important role also, if you want crazy genes look at Lee Haney. its important to note that at the beginning of Ronnies Mr O contending he was placing very near the back, wasnt a forerunner at all. i dont think his genes suddenly improved over those couple of years when he began to dominate
wink.gif

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All you guys who used to take AAS', what was your reasoning for doing so? And be honest with yourself. Were you competing? Was it for aesthetic purposes?

Interested to hear your responses...

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics