• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

US Import Duty

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question for Canadians. Anyone use Pediwear for shoes? What were the taxes like when they were delivered? Trying to figure out if I should get them shipped to my house (in Canada) or to my cousin's (In the USA).

lexmann

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of C&J Westbourne from Pediwear and the shoes did not get caught by the Canadian Custom. So there was no extra cost for them.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
Depends what your declaration on the package value is. when i ship things to australia and other countries Via UPS, Either i say its some second hand item and not worth much, or the UPS guy who ships it does that without even asking. There is no way to tell. If you ship things and cost someone money from importation, it's your own doing. Plain packaging and just say it's some used old shoes, who gives a ****, other than that you should not complain about taxes.

I hate that people are so naive they don't want to pay for their own country. You expect things to pay for themself?

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Composer_1777
Depends what your declaration on the package value is. when i ship things to australia and other countries Via UPS, Either i say its some second hand item and not worth much, or the UPS guy who ships it does that without even asking. There is no way to tell. If you ship things and cost someone money from importation, it's your own doing. Plain packaging and just say it's some used old shoes, who gives a ****, other than that you should not complain about taxes.

I hate that people are so naive they don't want to pay for their own country. You expect things to pay for themself?

So have bought anything from Pediwear...................................
smile.gif

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, how exactly are these charges collected? I have an item coming from Paris via fedex so just curious? I am in Manhattan if that matters.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrCool1978
Just a quick question for Canadians. Anyone use Pediwear for shoes? What were the taxes like when they were delivered? Trying to figure out if I should get them shipped to my house (in Canada) or to my cousin's (In the USA).

I have. They came Royal Mail with the full value declared on the import slip. As a testament to the random behaviour of the CCRA, they escaped both duty and tax.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
Sorry, how exactly are these charges collected? I have an item coming from Paris via fedex so just curious? I am in Manhattan if that matters.

They won't give you your package till you pay them.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
I have. They came Royal Mail with the full value declared on the import slip. As a testament to the random behaviour of the CCRA, they escaped both duty and tax.

If the package comes through Canada Post, than you rarely, if ever pay duties. I know that the Royal Mail uses Canada Post when the packages gets to our border, so this may explain why duties weren't levied by the CCRA.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I figured that, thanks. So basically someone has to be around with the $ when fedex arrives or I have to go to some location with $ and pay to get my package. I suppose if no one is home when the package arrives fedex will just leave a # for me to call.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I figured that, thanks. So basically someone has to be around with the $ when fedex arrives or I have to go to some location with $ and pay to get my package. I suppose if no one is home when the package arrives fedex will just leave a # for me to call.

Either you pay at the door with your visa or you go to their depot and pay.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Either you pay at the door with your visa or you go to their depot and pay.

Fedex just called me. It appears that the above is incorrect.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fedex just called me. It appears that the above is incorrect.

In what way?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads