• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by I<3Bacon
On that note (not really), how's the Passover Coke? Was thinking of picking some up, but the last time I had Mexican Coke, it left a bad taste in my mouth (somehow the cap was rusting and the entire contents had a metallic tinge).

Did you not read my post from a couple pages ago? Go look it up and educate yourself

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Great question. Chad and I have toyed with the idea of road tripping up to PDX to hang with Blake and then up to SEA to see Nicole at BB. He might end up doing that trip without me in April if I go to DC for a few days. If we waited till August you'd either be in DC or we'd be at mens market.

I say you just come over to DC and bring the Rogue with you. And bring some steelhead sandwiches, too.

****, if Chad goes by his lonesome he better let me know when he's coming in. I need to e-mail Blake and tell him to update his blog! I should stop in and see him this week.

Oh if I come to DC, I'll definitely bring some Rogue. And some Widmer, and anything from Deschutes.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
bacon-
why did you buy a coke with a rusty cap? my friends from mexico told me the 2 things you have to check for is rusty caps and fingernail clippings. apparently a friend has seen them multiple times.

my kosher coke isn't quite cold enough to drink yet.

I plan to do a full-blown taste test and blog about it sometime tommorow.

chrono-
locally they used sucrose as opposed to cane sugar. or am i mistaken in thinking sucrose and cane sugar aren't the same thing?

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Did you not read my post from a couple pages ago? Go look it up and educate yourself
I read it. Was more curious if there was any difference in flavor/texture/aroma between Passover Coke from a 2L plastic bottle and Mexican Coke from a glass bottle (presumably without a rusty cap).
Originally Posted by robbie
bacon- why did you buy a coke with a rusty cap? my friends from mexico told me the 2 things you have to check for is rusty caps and fingernail clippings. apparently a friend has seen them multiple times.
That's good to know... as well as horrible. The cap was removed before the Coke arrived at my table along with a plate full of carnitas. Didn't notice the rusty residue around the mouth of the bottle until after I poured its contents into a glass.
Originally Posted by robbie
I plan to do a full-blown taste test and blog about it sometime tommorow.
I'm getting as excited as if we were talking about single malt scotch. Can't wait!

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
For you, Bacon
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Mexican coke is made with cane sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup. Actually, it's close to passover so you should start seeing "kosher coke" in some grocery stores with a yellow cap. They use real sugar as well because of the jewish restrictions on corn based products during passover. It's tasty. Also, only amateurs drink straight from the bottle. You need to pour it in a glass with ice to release its bouquet and full flavor. C'mon, mang!
Robbie- This is what i've gathered from kosher coke a few years ago. I always forget about it and haven't had it in like 2 years so I don't know

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2431381543_aa7d9edba1_o.gif

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The taco truck I go to has Mexican Coke in glass bottles, but I always end up getting the mexican cactus sodas instead.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
coolest gif ever.

I have never had it before Chrono. I never knew about it until this forum actually, which is suprising... but there aren't a ton of Jews in the midwest especially OKC. I was suprised though a local grocery store had a whole spread of certified kosher soda (poopsi,7-up, orange crush,and a few others)

DAMNT I MISS TACO TRUCKS! you have to go with Mundet when you get the the 28$ worth of food for 5$ taco truck special. There was a Taco Truck that would drive around, it was more intense than homer simpson chasing the ice cream truck. these guys in their 30's and 40's running full stride trying to flag this thing down. It was amazing, they made the tortillas from scratch wrapped them in aluminum and sold them something like 10 for a dollar. They had carnitas, chicken, carne asada any of it... so friggin good.

then I moved to omaha where hot sauce is ketchup with salt and pepper mixed in.

I really REALLY miss OKC these days.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
****, if Chad goes by his lonesome he better let me know when he's coming in. I need to e-mail Blake and tell him to update his blog! I should stop in and see him this week.

Oh if I come to DC, I'll definitely bring some Rogue. And some Widmer, and anything from Deschutes.

I'll keep you in the loop if that happens. All I know is he going to disappear on his bike for a few days at the end of next month. I just figure he'll go north.

You can keep your Widmer. We see plenty of it in LA. Rogue, too, I guess if you know where to look. Won't say no to Deschutes, though.

I'm not sure when the next time will be that I go up to PDX. I remember how ******* impossible it was to find a place that sold hard liquor. ******* Puritanical liquor laws.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aye, I have another good brewery right down my street. Called Max's Fanno Creek Brewery. I don't think their stuff is sold in stores, but its damn tasty.

I agree about the liqour. I've been scratching my head on where to find it up here. Just found a liqour store right down the road though so good news.

All this beer talk makes me want to go raid my fridge.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Damn, I want to try Max's. The only liquor store I know of is over in NE on Sandy before you get to TJ's. Seriously, the ONLY liquor store.

That does it. I need a night cap.

Hah, I'm a step ahead of you bud.

DrPat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjr
IMG_0604.jpg

Adding fuel to the fire. To the left of the Confederate flag you can see the black and red stripes of the German flag. Flying a German flag in Germany today (except during World Cup time) is considered extremely right-wing and is strongly look down upon. Let me guess, your ancestors left Germany for the southern part of America which, of course, gives you a reason to fly it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads