• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
And I drink Diet Coke because it tastes like God's poon in a pretty silver package.

Boy, is that the truth. I drink it like crazy (drinking it right now) when I'm down here in CR because it tastes a million times better than back home in the US.

The reason why I would only need to drink one or two Cokes per day vs. multiple DC's is because I feel like I've had a goddamn meal with just one Coke. It's like eating a ******* bag of sugar.

I'm also in the group that doesn't eat a lot of sweets. I'm just not a fan of overly sweet things.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
Inherent with any 'diet' product. Most people who buy 'lean cuisine' are fatasses because fatasses think they are going to lose weight with magic diet food. That doesn't mean lean cuisine makes you fat. Beware faulty logic and the absolute words. And I drink Diet Coke because it tastes like God's poon in a pretty silver package.
I didn't mean to imply that Diet Coke makes fatties fatter. I was just noting what you noted: It seems mostly fatties ever bother with "diet" crap, and yet they remain fatties. I don't mind diet coke, but I can't get used to the after taste. Coke Zero is inoffensive. But I rarely drink soda since I don't care much for sugary beverages. I mostly drink (unsweetened) teas. I have never tried Diet Coke in another country, but the classic Coke I have had overseas is certainly smoother and seemingly less sweet than it is in the US.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I am (overly) passionate about Coca-Cola Classic.

My future father in law prefered Coke and never liked the taste of diet drinks initially, but drank it in the hopes he'd injest fewer calories be healthier. He realized the situation was six of one and half a dozen of the other and figured he'd go back to drinking classic Coke.

He wasn't able to enjoy it, it wasn't as sweet.

I hate diet coke because it steals the joy of actual Coca-Cola away from people.

this will sound like biased bullshit as per my previous non-sensical coke related statements... but it is sincerely meant.

Also, to echo mulan sauce I work at Target and I never see people too fat to walk (you know the ones who are out of breath once they reach the moto-carts) reach for something sweetened with sugar/ HFCS.

Jones soda is great(cherry, red apple, and MF Grape being amongst my very favorite sodas), but I wish they offered the more exclusive flavors (Banana,Mint,Pear,etc) nationwide that I saw while in Seattle/SoCal in times past.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I hate diet coke because it steals the joy of actual Coca-Cola away from people.

Believe me when I say that unless it's mixed with some type of alcohol, there is little joy associated with actual Coke for me.

The fact that you prefer Mexican Coke over US Coke pretty much seals my statement.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
DSCN3876.jpg

lame fit^^^

the fact i like Mexican Coke more proves what (sorry i am quite dense, as well as groggy as it is 2:33 am local time)

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, there are people who prefer US Coke over Mexican Coke?!

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fact i like Mexican Coke more proves what (sorry i am quite dense, as well as groggy as it is 2:33 am local time)
I guess it proves that you prefer [pure cane sugar + Mexican water] to [high-fructose corn syrup + American water]. These days I only really drink sodas sweetened with cyclamate and made from french municipal water. I have a pantry stocked with 1960's TaB.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
coke light/zero in Europe is sweetened with cyclamate also . sell some of that tab to a coke collector to cover the proxy fees needed to enjoy non-flat cyclamated soda.

(thanks wikipedia!)

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Yohji jacket, shirt, pants Creative Recreation black perf lowtops
yykirst1.jpg
nye1.jpg

davo10375

Reaction score
CR lowtops?!? any more pics? that coat is still disgustingly sick.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

davo10375

Reaction score
Pretty restrained compared to most CR ive seen. Look nice in the suede also.

chrispy179

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Everyone I know who drinks Diet Coke is significantly fatter than everyone I know who drinks regular coke.

What if someone likes Jones soda? Is that + or - rep.

+ rep

jones soda is actually worth drinking

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I am (overly) passionate about Coca-Cola Classic.

My future father in law prefered Coke and never liked the taste of diet drinks initially, but drank it in the hopes he'd injest fewer calories be healthier. He realized the situation was six of one and half a dozen of the other and figured he'd go back to drinking classic Coke.

He wasn't able to enjoy it, it wasn't as sweet.

this will sound like biased bullshit as per my previous non-sensical coke related statements... but it is sincerely meant.

Also, to echo mulan sauce I work at Target and I never see people too fat to walk (you know the ones who are out of breath once they reach the moto-carts) reach for something sweetened with sugar/ HFCS.

Jones soda is great(cherry, red apple, and MF Grape being amongst my very favorite sodas), but I wish they offered the more exclusive flavors (Banana,Mint,Pear,etc) nationwide that I saw while in Seattle/SoCal in times past.

Coca-cola is delicious. I take my coke seriously. My friend and i have a top 5 fountain cokes in the city. Also 5 places never to go to because it's so awful (carbonation, syrup or just fucked up wise). Coca-cola from a fountain with lots of ice is better than all the jawns in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads