• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shopping in LA

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Sorry to be so vehement about this, but please do not go to Pink's. There's always a ridiculously long line full of tourists and I do not get the appeal. If you really want a great hot dog go to Skooby's on Hollywood Blvd. or Let's Be Frank in Culver City.

Another recommendation to go to Shop the Finest. You'll be blown away by the selection.

i forgot to mention, don't go to pink's!!! it is disgusting!!!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be so vehement about this, but please do not go to Pink's. There's always a ridiculously long line full of tourists and I do not get the appeal. If you really want a great hot dog go to Skooby's on Hollywood Blvd. or Let's Be Frank in Culver City.

Another recommendation to go to Shop the Finest. You'll be blown away by the selection.

+ A billion.

Pink's is the most overrated food establishment in the city of Los Angeles. They're effing hot dogs for crissakes.

What ISN'T overrated is Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles.
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
On Melrose between Fairfax and La Cienega there are several intersting stores, including the RRL store, Paul Smith, APC, Duncan Quinn and some others I'm forgetting. RRL is really the only one that interests me but it might be worth your while to see the others.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
urgh.. Roscoes. Is there more than one? I've only been to the one on Lake.

Originally Posted by embowafa
+ A billion.

Pink's is the most overrated food establishment in the city of Los Angeles. They're effing hot dogs for crissakes.

What ISN'T overrated is Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles.
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^
There's one on Gower and one on (I think) Pico that I know about. They probably have a website.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
urgh.. Roscoes. Is there more than one? I've only been to the one on Lake.

There's one in Long Beach, the one on Gower/Hollywood, the one on Pico(?), I think there's another 1 or 2.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks guys.

Yes, I've been to Pink's a few years ago and I will not be back.
crazy.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On Melrose between Fairfax and La Cienega there are several intersting stores, including the RRL store, Paul Smith, APC, Duncan Quinn and some others I'm forgetting. RRL is really the only one that interests me but it might be worth your while to see the others.

Baron-- I'm not aware of an RRL store around Melrose/Fairfax/La Cienega area. The only RRL store I know of is the one located in Malibu. Are you talking about HTC? It would be great if they have one in L.A.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carroll & Co in Beverly Hills: safe, boring, high quality merchandise.
Excellent, knowledgeable service. In terms of style it's no
Paul Stuart. Not much natural shoulder clothing.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you should for some reason make the trip down to Orange County and South Coast Plaza, you might also want to go over to Fashion Island and check out Gary's. I would say Gary's and Carroll & Co. are in close competition for being the two best independent men's stores in Greater LA. There is also a Neiman-Marcus in Fashion Island, but I don't it would offer anything that you couldn't find in the Beverly Hill Neiman's, which will be much nearer where you are staying.

Other than Gary's and the JLP store in South Coast Plaza, I don't think you will find much in high end men's retail that you can't find in the immediate vicinity of Rodeo Drive.

Somebody mentioned Beverly Center as a possibility. I haven't been in there in years. I have always had the impression that there was anything much there to attract an afficionado of high-end menswear. Am I mistaken in this?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
if you dont want to run into me, dont go to South Coast.

it is the premier place to shop in the orange county area and even perhaps most of LA.

there ist he Fashion Island nearby as well.

I'd love to run into you Shoe.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Pink's is not that bad. it is ok if you want some junky but tasty hot dog to eat.

certainly not worth waiting 1 hour in line for, and parking is terrible.

what i didnt get was when i was there once, i saw a couple order each: two chili dogs, large chili cheese fries and XL coke (44 oz looks like)

for each. i didnt get it. how do you shovel all that junk into your stomach? i got sick after seeing that and never went back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads