• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

March Madness

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Remember when Indiana beat Duke in the first round of the NCAA in 2002. IU was coached by Mike Davis.

Oh man how did I forget that? IU had Coverdale, Hornsby, AJ Moye and Marshall Strickland. That was such a great game. Was that the year there was like 6 Indiana teams? IU, Purdue, Butler, IUPUI, Valpo, and Notre Dame?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Oh man how did I forget that? IU had Coverdale, Hornsby, AJ Moye and Marshall Strickland. That was such a great game. Was that the year there was like 6 Indiana teams? IU, Purdue, Butler, IUPUI, Valpo, and Notre Dame?
Yes, it was a great year for Indiana teams.

I was actually in Lexington for the IU game against Duke. I thought they would lose, so at half time when IU was down by 17 points I wanted to leave but my friends talked me into staying for the second half. I'm so glad I stayed, I'd still be kicking myself if I hadn't.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Yes, it was a great year for Indiana teams.

I was actually in Lexington for the IU game against Duke. I thought they would lose, so at half time when IU was down by 17 points I wanted to leave but my friends talked me into staying for the second half. I'm so glad I stayed, I'd still be kicking myself if I hadn't.

Wow, that's really great. Keep those friends around!
laugh.gif
That was such a great game. I remember that I watched it w/ my basketball team the week of regionals for HS ball. We were all going absolutely nuts. A bunch of corn-fed home town boys beat a team full of All American recruits. It gave us hope! We went out and promptly got our butts kicked two days later.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
First round?
I went to both rounds in Lexington so it may have been the second round, not the first. What stands out in my mind from Lexington is the Duke win.

I went to Atlanta for the Final Four but the ending of the championship game wasn't as joyous, still had a good time though.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Duke has done jack *********** last 15 years except one championship in 2001. For a guy who gets loads of credit, where are the results?

Calhoun I admit is a genious when it comes to recruiting and building a program. He built it from the bottom up and has kept UConn at a remarkably high level for a long time. The reason I say he out-coached K is because in each big game they have played, Duke has been favored or at least on par with UConn and the Huskies pulled it out in crunch time.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I'm loving these commercials about being legendary. Like the one where the Illinois cop pulls the NC fan over and gives him a ticket for doing 36 in a 35, then it shows a clip of when UNC beat Illinois a few years back. Also the one w/ the Washington/Connecticut and Texas/Syracuse.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm loving these commercials about being legendary. Like the one where the Illinois cop pulls the NC fan over and gives him a ticket for doing 36 in a 35, then it shows a clip of when UNC beat Illinois a few years back. Also the one w/ the Washington/Connecticut and Texas/Syracuse.

I wanna see these. What are the commercials for? Is there a site that streams them?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
The Kwilkerman: easily amused!
wink.gif

Shouldn't you go back to mentioning that you own Alden loafers in every post you make, in an attempt to look cool? Very kind of mommy and daddy to buy those for you.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shouldn't you go back to mentioning that you own Alden loafers in every post you make, in an attempt to look cool? Very kind of mommy and daddy to buy those for you.
At least I wear Aldens, and not creased Lucky jeans.
smile.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
At least I wear Aldens, and not creased Lucky jeans.
smile.gif

Does K. Wilderbeast still wear lucky jeans? Lucky you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads