• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Napoli Surprises Me...

OCULUS

Reaction score
I gambled and bought my first Sartorio Napoli (Kiton) suit this week and was truly surprised at the fit. I'm a poifect 46 long in Belvest, RLPL and most decent American/Canadian stuff. This 56L, fits perfectly (cuffs only) but is obviously of the hewn-close school. No room to spare anywhere.

I was half assuming it was going to fit like an Isaia (read: a size too small), but no. This thing is sculpted and curves in all the right places, right down to the tapered pant legs, and I am not a skinny guy. Very flattering.

The only curiousity was the puckering around the inset of the sleeves, on top of the shoulder. I suppose that's a hand-work status symbol, but I know where to look for those signatures and wasn't impressed with it on such an obvious eye-level vantage point. Otherwise, I am pleased with it.

Anyone else signing their praises?

blackrover

Reaction score
It sounds like a great suit. I'd love to see some pics.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this from Yoox?
Is it Sartorio?
Sartoria Napoli is most likely La Vera or Partenopea...which is supa badass....you need to take pics and post them asap.

Labels and tags included.

awxg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by OCULUS
The only curiousity was the puckering around the inset of the sleeves, on top of the shoulder.

I think that's what they call spalla camicia.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
What is la vera or partenopea? Makers? I thought kiton was.
Yes. La Vera is probably the best maker in Naples of RTW, and Partenopea is similar to something like Borrelli or Isaia, but perhaps a little nicer.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OCULUS
The only curiousity was the puckering around the inset of the sleeves, on top of the shoulder. I suppose that's a hand-work status symbol, but I know where to look for those signatures and wasn't impressed with it on such an obvious eye-level vantage point. Otherwise, I am pleased with it.

The "puckering" that you see is one of several ways to hand set a sleeve. In the case of your jacket, it is the result of (1) working a larger sleeve into a smaller arm hole, which can only be dne by hand and (2) sewing the seam allowance up and into the shoulder.

Your stuff sounds nice...post pics after you get it altered and fitted.

- B

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If he means Sartorio... I am thrilled with mine. The front canvassing is a little stiffer that I hoped, but overall it's one of the nicest RTW cuts, and the construction is surprisingly better than the more expensive Stile Latino.
A chance to throw out a little rant about Stile Latino. I love my jacket, it's soft and wears like a cardigan, but the canvassing contains these stiff bristles which sometimes protrude through the fabric and have to be removed with tweezers. This happens on the lapel roll and more so on the shoulders, which contain a small amount of the same material inside. I've never experienced this before.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sartorio has 3 makers
1. Attolini
2. Kiton
3. Partenopea (the latest)

Partenopea is a group that left Kiton.
I know nothing of La Vera, except I would really like to get one!
laugh.gif

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Keep in mind each one of these RTW houses makes several models where each fit quite differently. While one can give some general characteristic to the way the garment fits (i.e. Attolinie more clean, Kiton slouchy, Partenopea lean), the silhouette can be quite different.

La Vera Napoletana is also started by ex-Kiton tailor, IIRC.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In reference to the cuts they make for Sartorio, I have no clue. I have seen most of them in their own brand but not as the OEM for Sartorio.
Either way, I really like Sartorio.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have four Sartorio Napoli odd jackets and 1 suit so far. Probably my favorite jackets I own. Slightly daring fabrics, modern cut, beautiful shoulder, and unknown enough that one can find amazing deals on them.

The borrelli luxury vintage sorrento's appear to be on-par with the Sartorio odd-jackets as a point of reference.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
La vera is even better than attolini for rwt?

Man, it goes to show I've still got so much to learn about suit makers.

Really, they are all the same. Kiton, Borrelli, Attolini, Partenopea, La Vera, Isaia etc. There is no difference, only personal preference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads