• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Doral

Reaction score
Purchased during the A.E. sale. Randolph shell cordovan and the Malvern brouge suede chukka. I am patiently waiting on a pair of Loake 758 dark brown suede wingtips purchased from Pediwear.
DSC00020.jpg
DSC00016.jpg
DSC00017.jpg
DSC00019.jpg
DSC00021.jpg

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, Doc! And Vox, any good words from you on a new purchase are always good. Vox, how would you wear something like this? I like Doc's suggestions, maybe I can get away with a yellow vneck sweater in the fall, too.

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I dig tweed, and it can work with everything from that plain white shirt to tattersalls to sweaters to sportcoats. It looks like they're a relatively lightweight herringbone, right? If so, I'd just treat them like any other pair of brown trou. I wouldn't pair them with a non-matching herringbone coat, but otherwise ....

I normally pair tweed with items of similar spirit and heft, but there's no need to feel locked into the tweedy English gent aesthetic. Here, the herringbone just adds a little texture and surface interest.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Doral, nice shoes. I've never worn AE shell, now I'm tempted.

Doral

Reaction score
Loake 758 dark brown, suede wingtips, goodyeart welt. I purchased these from Pediwear for 88.69 + 28.50 for shipping for a total of 117.19 GBP which came to $166.83 + $1.67 currency conversion fee for a total of $168.50. The purchase came with free shoe trees a silk tie and some black shoe polish. I would have prefered some suede conditioner or cleaner in place of the shoe polish, however, I am still satisfied with the purchase. Tie is a "Soprano Exclusive." I have never heard of them. Maybe Holdfast or another of our brothers from jolly old England can provide us with details about the quality etc. Pediwear shipped them on February 27 and I received them on March 12 about 14 days.
DSC00009.jpg
DSC00003.jpg
DSC00001.jpg
DSC00002.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4910196190491.jpg

Lots of white and colored spring pants in this one.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that no purchase club thread is really putting a dent in this one....

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received a batch of J&J Minnis navy herringbone fabric from the Classics book via forum member AndrewRogers today.
I think it will become a 3piece with a db waistcoat.

kischi

Reaction score
Some Jermyn Street acquisitions - obviously nothing spectacular, but good quality at a reasonable price.

dsc02919n.jpg

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch Ti Aquatimer 2000 3536-001 - IWC My dealer had (I now have) the IWC 3536 BNIB + OEM divers velcro strap! I am so stoked, can't wait to post in my WAYWRN post today.. Not my pics.
IMG_1960.jpg
IMG_1966.jpg
Tie Orange silk knit - Henry Bucks PS\t Henry Bucks
CIMG0201.jpg
Casio S10 - small & light enough to carry in my jacket everyday! Still getting used to the settings (have been using this for my WAYWRN posts for the last week - hence the odd colorings etc)

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Watch Ti Aquatimer 2000 3536-001 - IWC
My dealer had (I now have) the IWC 3536 BNIB + OEM divers velcro strap!

IMG_1960.jpg

worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif

I love that flat finish. Looks like the batmobile version of a Rolex.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing too spectaculous here. A few Pantherella three-colour birdseyes. I find the three colours make them pretty versatile.

Left to right: olive/red/navy, navy/burgundy/olive, and grey/brown/cream.

DSCN1504.jpg

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
Nothing too spectaculous here. A few Pantherella three-colour birdseyes. I find the three colours make them pretty versatile.

Left to right: olive/red/navy, navy/burgundy/olive, and grey/brown/cream.

DSCN1504.jpg

These look really great. Are they any good? I am always looking for good socks, but the whole this is so confusing to me, that I often end up buying something that looks good, but never is...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads