• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

Casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blake
I just saw the entire collection in NYC. Amazing boots. I think you will probably see people start to stock them for fall as this was the first time I had seen them at a show.

I was told by an SA that they were a Bergdorf exclusive for the next couple of years.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
these are one of those things i'll buy when practicality and expense play no part in my clothing choices.

so cool

soooooooo cool.

pruppert

Reaction score
In talking to oipolloi, they are getting a shipment of yuketen mailman bags in august, which, although they didn't say so, may include restock of footwear/the new styles posted earlier. If you want to contact the company directly, try going through Meg Company's website. They sell to the shops themselves, but it's possible to place a special order.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i remember seeing a pair (in my size) on deep discount at bergdorf, like <$150 or somethin like that. everytime i see this thread bumped, i regret not buying it

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not true at all. I could have them next season if I want them.

Yeah. They were showing at tradeshows, which seems to be sort of besides the point if they were not hoping to attract new accounts. The stuff as amazing. The prices are pretty high for men's contemporary though. (Makes KMW prices seem downright reasonable).

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Supposedly some will be Goodyear welted.

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
What sort of prices were being quoted?

I have a couple of pairs and I have to say that the standard of materials, construction and finishing on them is very high...I think they're built to a higher spec. than regular Quoddy for example.

Some of their lasts seem a little odd to me though. The one they're using for the Mocc/Oxford models is very small in the forefoot but huge in the heel making choosing your correct size a bit tricky.

Mine are currently getting quite a battering in the field so it will be interesting to see how they hold up.

deadstock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lostinthesupermarket
I have a couple of pairs and I have to say that the standard of materials, construction and finishing on them is very high...I think they're built to a higher spec. than regular Quoddy for example.

Agreed.

not true at all. I could have them next season if I want them.

You want them. I mean, I do...
inlove.gif

BTW, Oipolloi has some new stock:

http://www.oipolloi.com/brands/Yuketen-100.html

Acoustics too:

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ideoman1125...r/1769453.html

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
******* Oi Polloi. My bank account screamed in horror today as I just had to order myself a pair of those Ranger Mocc's.

Too expensive for me to not feel like I maybe shouldn't have bought them, but not expensive enough to restrain me from buying them. Here's hoping they're as beautiful as they look (and that they fit).

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so the crepe sole ... is it ok on urban streets and concrete? or do you have to continually resole yuketens

deadstock

Reaction score
Crepe soles are fine on streets and concrete. They definitely get dirty, but no problems with durability.

Chris2289

Reaction score
Lol, if my grandad could see those. He has been wearing those for hunting for years. If you cannot find those specific ones have you tried looking on horse and hound sites, i'm sure they will have stockists

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny Amiga
Too expensive for me to not feel like I maybe shouldn't have bought them, but not expensive enough to restrain me from buying them. Here's hoping they're as beautiful as they look (and that they fit).

Is that where some of the proceeds of our transaction went?
smile.gif

I have them ...I think you will be pleased, they're really nice.

Which ones did you get? I have the Choco suede but the new leathers are so beautiful that I'm thinking of getting another pair....I'm telling myself I need them for my rotation.

It's interesting that Yuketen's prices seem to have gone up by less in the UK than Quoddy's. The Quoddy Grizzly shoe that Albam are selling is now the same price as the Yuketen Ranger Mocc at Oi Polloi.

Please let us know how you get on with the fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads