• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano and Girling semi-bespoke

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gang,

If I am able to get to London soon as planned, I'll be visiting G&G to talk semi-bespoke. In exchanging emails, they say say that the semi-b program can probably address my needs (one foot 1/2 size smaller than the other and a b-width foot.

Do any of you have direct experience with G&G's semi-bespoke in addressing odd-sizing issues?
I realize with the £ tanking, it might be best just to invest in bespoke (which starts at £1700) but not sure I can swing that right now, especially if the much more affordable semi-bespoke program can accomodate my feet.

jon5986

Reaction score
Hi Cary Grant,

From my experience Semi-Bespoke might not fix your problem. I have a similar issue, which was only really solved by going down the fully bespoke path. I have had Lobb (RTW) and G&G MTO and while I could fit in the shoe they still hurt me. I tried Cleverley bespoke and the fit is a dream. It made a real difference to me.

While you are in London, you should try and swing by Edward Green (Piccadilly Arcade) and Cleverley (Royal Arcade) and see what your options are. My last Cleverley's were £1700 also.

If you are based in the U.S., note the big bespoke firms (Lobb, Cleverley.e.t.c) are visiting major U.S. cities next month.

Hope it works out for you......

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by odd sizing

Is one foot say a size 11 and the other is a size 12

G&G has 3 services, RTW, MTO (slight modificaitons to their RTW line) and bespoke

There is no semi-bespoke service via G&G

Mr. Glasgow at Cleverley introduced this term semi-bespoke...but its really synonymous with RTW/MTO...he admitted that much to me as just a marketing term

By the way, there is no modification to the last via Cleverley's semi-bespoke. I had a short layover in London last month and ran to Cleverley (even though I'm a G&G MTO customer). Mr. Glasgow didn't even measure me...instead he brought out what was a U.S. 12D via their RTW line...it fit good and I opted to order a semi-bespoke side gussetted galosh shoe....with imitation lacing of course

jon5986

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
What do you mean by odd sizing By the way, there is no modification to the last via Cleverley's semi-bespoke. I had a short layover in London last month and ran to Cleverley (even though I'm a G&G MTO customer). Mr. Glasgow didn't even measure me...instead he brought out what was a U.S. 12D via their RTW line...it fit good and I opted to order a semi-bespoke side gussetted galosh shoe....with imitation lacing of course
Have to love the imitation lacing
worship.gif
Michael, if you don't mind me asking what would be your next choice of Cleverley shoe? I am trying to decide what I should get on my upcoming appointment with them. I am actually thinking a bespoke boot in a burnished tan with a design on the toe (naturally with a suspicially square Cleverley toe
smile.gif
) What do you think?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329

There is no semi-bespoke service via G&G

That's the term the kind gent from G&G used with me but, to be clear, we're discussing their MTO program. He said that if we're talking a 1/2" size difference foot to foot that MTO -might- be able to accomodate that.

I realize bespoke is the best way to go but there is the price
wink.gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jon5986
Hi Cary Grant,

From my experience Semi-Bespoke might not fix your problem. I have a similar issue, which was only really solved by going down the fully bespoke path. I have had Lobb (RTW) and G&G MTO and while I could fit in the shoe they still hurt me. I tried Cleverley bespoke and the fit is a dream. It made a real difference to me.

While you are in London, you should try and swing by Edward Green (Piccadilly Arcade) and Cleverley (Royal Arcade) and see what your options are. My last Cleverley's were £1700 also.

If you are based in the U.S., note the big bespoke firms (Lobb, Cleverley.e.t.c) are visiting major U.S. cities next month.

Hope it works out for you......

Thanks Jon- That's my hope. I like many of the shoes by all three and if I step up to full bespoke for the first time, I certainly will need to shop around.

jon5986

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
That's the term the kind gent from G&G used with me but, to be clear, we're discussing their MTO program. He said that if we're talking a 1/2" size difference foot to foot that MTO -might- be able to accomodate that.

I realize bespoke is the best way to go but there is the price
wink.gif

Given the amount of hand-work involved in the new Anthony Cleverley range (which is not bespoke, but very close and costs approx £800-£950), they might be able to make that change in size for you. Worth asking....

Does anyone know if Lobb offer a Semi-Bespoke shoe?

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jon5986
Given the amount of hand-work involved in the new Anthony Cleverley range (which is not bespoke, but very close and costs approx £800-£950), they might be able to make that change in size for you. Worth asking....

Does anyone know if Lobb offer a Semi-Bespoke shoe?

Hi Jon, No semi-bespoke shoes from Lobb.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
So how much were you quoted for bespoke with G&G, export price ?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
So how much were you quoted for bespoke with G&G, export price ?

Price varies with the pound which has been moving up quite a bit in the last month. You can get their ready to wear in New York around $675 and up. Full bespoke is generally around $2500 and up. Petty much on par/slightly higher than Cleverley depending on the shoe.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of shoes made by Tony Gaziano and it is worth every penny ..
With the weak pound , it is the best time for US customers to go full bespoke..
In your case , due to the difference in width between your two feets, go bespoke...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads