• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In the Market for Jodhpur Boots

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I quite like the Cottesmore, but I think the Childrey is probably better for its intended purpose. I typically wear boots in more "rural" situations. I even ride in them, in a pinch. I don't feel quite as bad mucking around in the dirt or stomping the occasional steaming divot in the Childrey as opposed to the Cottesmore! The leather on the Childrey isn't as nice but, inevitably, the leather on the Cottesmore wouldn't be as nice either after I'd worn them a few times.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think Bris is riding anything anywhere other than a taxi

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for the same thing and am also around a 12 US. If someone has a used pair they're looking to get rid of PM me.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I don't think Bris is riding anything anywhere other than a taxi

bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by nate10184
I'm in the market for the same thing and am also around a 12 US. If someone has a used pair they're looking to get rid of PM me.

Grimslade has a pair of the first ones pictured (C&J) for sale at a great price in a US 12D, hit him up.

Trojanman74

Reaction score
yeah ive found that american sized C&J shoes fit a half size smaller

bs3009a

Reaction score
So I have accumulated a few gift cards to Banana Republic worth about 180$. I have been looking at their Monogram Jodhpurs. I was wondering what you all thought of them. I realize they wouldnt be the highest quality but are they worth it for about 80$ or should I just get something else from the mall store -something their better at making.

Here they are

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=588189012

I would get them in the cognac color. As a bit of information, I am in need of a pair of brown dress shoes and would like to get a pair with a little bit of flair. I feel that dress boots would satisfy that requirement.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like the sole on those are glued, and for that price I would look at one of the English makers that offer a welted sole.

As for me, I decided to go with a pair of chukkas, the Joseph Cheaney Woburn in espresso with which I couldn't be happier. Wearing them right now & they are extremely comfortable & a great fit. The finish is exquisite also.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do people wear their Jodhpurs with?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
What do people wear their Jodhpurs with?

I don't have a pair but i'd wear them the same as I'd wear chelsea boots: jeans and slim-cut pants.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nuff said

If money were no object though I'd probably be leaning towards the EG Gresham:

GreshamL.jpg

Hey, that actually looks like a high enough instep for my foot + orthotic! I'll have to track down a pair to try on.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, just when I thought it was over, you guys bring me back with these great pics. I hope I can find a jodhpur that fits anywhere close to the way my chukkas do.

Anyone have any action shots?

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Damn, just when I thought it was over, you guys bring me back with these great pics. I hope I can find a jodhpur that fits anywhere close to the way my chukkas do.

Anyone have any action shots?

Riding horses are kicking some ass?
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads