• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seersucker and madras for summertime?

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross posted with Streetwear, wanted a more MEN'S CLOTHING point of view.

Thoughts on being rumpled for the summertime?

Good brands and styles you may like too.

AscotMcPocketsquare

Reaction score
No, Seersucker is only for winter
eh.gif

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a gingham seersucker jacket from Brooks Brothers that I quite like and a couple of madras ties that I wear a lot. I am considering a madras jacket this summer, but don't really know where to get it. I have wanted a seersucker suit for quite some time, but I just don't know if I would ever wear it.

anon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
I have a gingham seersucker jacket from Brooks Brothers that I quite like and a couple of madras ties that I wear a lot. I am considering a madras jacket this summer, but don't really know where to get it. I have wanted a seersucker suit for quite some time, but I just don't know if I would ever wear it.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lor=Blue-green

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I looked at that jacket and a couple from J. Press, but I think I am looking for something a little more fitted with a slimmer lapel. I really like the way the Black Fleece version looks, but I don't think it will fit me (I'm a 42L). I wish BB made more things with the Fitzgerald silhouette.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anon
I just got my first pair of linen/cotton pants and have to say that linen/cotton > seersucker for summer pants.

I find that for the summers on the West Coast (Bay Area), linen/cotton pants are the better option because I blend in more, and because it isn't that humid. On the East Coast (Northern Virginia/DC Metro Area), I find seersucker to be better because more people wear it, it is a lot lighter, and gives good air circulation due to the mugginess.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Thanks. I looked at that jacket and a couple from J. Press, but I think I am looking for something a little more fitted with a slimmer lapel. I really like the way the Black Fleece version looks, but I don't think it will fit me (I'm a 42L). I wish BB made more things with the Fitzgerald silhouette.

Check hickey by Hickey Freeman. They've done both seersucker and madras in the past. Looks like they have a red seersucker suit for this spring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads