• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most potent legal 'upper'?

likeitaloud

Reaction score
What is the strongest energizer that is legal? I'm talking about caffeine, taurine, Mate tea..anything. Basically what gives the most energy for the longest time?

-Cheers.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's living here, jackhole.
tongue.gif
Go hang out with your ugly friends.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
He's living here, jackhole.
tongue.gif
Go hang out with your ugly friends.

My friends are generally beautiful.

If they werent I wouldn't have any.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
From skimping the wiki article it's banned in US as well. I guess it has a lot of side effects.

inviscid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
What is the strongest energizer that is legal? I'm talking about caffeine, taurine, Mate tea..anything. Basically what gives the most energy for the longest time?

-Cheers.

how about prescribed uppers? i'd assume riddalin / adderall / the like would be up there if they count

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
you don't wanna ruin your pee pee with ritalin

just drink a pot or so of coffee if you reallyneedto focus stay awake.

stoneb

Reaction score
Spike energy drinks are pretty brutal, if they're available where you live.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, finally a thread after my heart...

I would start with Adderall, it's much better than Ritalin. Fewer jitters. My personal fav.

If that doesn't do the trick, go hardcore with Dexedrine. Adderall makes you feel euphoric, like Cocaine, Dex won't. It's also what the military gives fighter pilots.

Still not enough? Mix it with Vyvanse. It's another psychostimulant but plays with the others very well. It works synergistically.

If all else fails, try the hardest mofo on the block... Modafinil (Provigil). You can go days, literally DAYS without feeling the least bit tired or the side effects of going without sleep. Of course you shouldn't actually do that, after 3 or so days you'll go insane (6 according to the study).

All of the above require prescriptions which are not hard to get. Might I also point out that with or without health insurance these are all still cheaper, per dose, than any energy drink or weight loss pill on the market. So, bang for the buck-wise, these are your best options.

Have fun!

Edit: I believe Adderall may be illegal in Canada. Some marsupialed little kid won a Darwin Award and took too many, ruining it for everyone there I guess.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
From skimping the wiki article it's banned in US as well. I guess it has a lot of side effects.

It is legal in the US.

The FDA banned it. Then they were sued by manufacturers. Since ephedra is not a drug and does not diagnose, treat or cure; the FDA had no authority to ban it. Thus, the 10th Circut Court of Appeals overturned the ban.

Manufacturers are scared to use it due to law suits. You can still buy it though.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
It is legal in the US.

The FDA banned it. Then they were sued by manufacturers. Since ephedra is not a drug and does not diagnose, treat or cure; the FDA had no authority to ban it. Thus, the 10th Circut Court of Appeals overturned the ban.

Manufacturers are scared to use it due to law suits. You can still buy it though.

I am not sure this is correct. The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the ban.

From Wikipedia:

"The ruling was appealed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit in Denver, Colorado. On August 17, 2006, the Appeals Court upheld the FDA's ban of ephedra, finding that the 133,000-page administrative record compiled by the FDA supported the agency's finding that ephedra posed an unreasonable risk to consumers. Nutraceutical Corp. filed a petition for a writ of certiorari seeking a rehearing on the ban of ephedra; however, on May 14, 2007 the United States Supreme Court declined to hear this petition. The sale of ephedra-containing dietary supplements remains illegal in the United States."

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ephedrine is legal though.

I can walk to the store and buy some right now if I wanted to.

freefinancialadvice

Reaction score
Ephedrine is legal. but they regulate the amount you can buy, because you can make methamphetamine from it. It's all behind the counter at pharmacies, and they take your information down when you buy it.

You can buy Adrafinil online. it's similar to Modafinil, but no prescription needed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads