• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arrow Moccasins

delirium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by changed
you guys think the lace boot will look good with shorts?

I'm on the fence between the Lace Boot and the 2 eye moc for this summer...
blush.gif

think the 2 eye moc will look better for summer for sure. good luck making your decision
cheers.gif

Originally Posted by Joe E Taleo
I based my decision on price- Though the quoddy's are resoleable, the arrows were a good $70 cheaper (at least for the quoddy camp soles)- maybe in the long run the quoddys are a better deal, but for the here and now I went with the arrows. I'll let you know in a year or so if that was a good or bad deal.

I chatted with them on the phone, and they never talked about other color options, which is strange considering I've seen other options on the japanese web pages.

The regular soles (non crepe soles) are resoleable though. Why does everyone want the crepe soles?

I see I'll have to ask when I place an order. Thanks for the info.

Anyone had a chance to visit them? I want to go... too bad can't take public transportation to Hudson, MA.

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by delirium
Why does everyone want the crepe soles?

Word has it that leather soles will wear quickly on pavement. And, steeze.

wildcard

Reaction score
Anybody have any long-term wear results yet using the crepe soles? How long do they last?

jessetk313

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjnv
They're nice but I prefer these colors:

1740-300.jpg

3145-300.jpg

Which do you think is more versatile?

How to get the tanish colored ones? Does arrow sell these directly?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wildcard
Anybody have any long-term wear results yet using the crepe soles? How long do they last?

I should have a good report in a few months haha
seriously though, I plan to wear the **** out of these without any socks. Gonna give them a good run for their money

jocko463

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wildcard

Newbie to the forum ...interesting thread on these mocs. Can't say for sure which is gonna win out but I've got a pair of double-soled leather Quoddy Tracker Boots and a pair of their Ring Boots with the crepe sole ...my money is on the Trackers ...I've had them now for about six months and the leather wears like iron (and most of my "trails" are covered in cement).

The problem I see with the Arrow crepe soles is the stitching used to attach them to the moc ....it's gonna wear through eventually and then what happens?

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just got a pair with double leather soles, and they're ******* awesome.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
goodluck getting your orders processed by them. I placed an order, waited a month and didn't get a call so ordered from rakuten.

escarole

Reaction score
just got my 2-eyelet mocs in the mail last night - very happy with the quality/fit, etc (i sized down .5). i wish the light tan ones that oi polloi had were available, but i'm fine with the dark brown. i also have a question about the leather smell - it's not bad, per se, but i'd rather go without. anyone know of any treatments that might neutralize this?

either way, these are gonna look great this summer w/ shorts and no socks ... really comfortable too.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've worn mine quite a bit and so far I'm surprised how durable the crepe seems to be. My fears that they'd wear out with a few wears were unfounded. They do offer very little support or cushioning, however.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by escarole
just got my 2-eyelet mocs in the mail last night - very happy with the quality/fit, etc (i sized down .5). i wish the light tan ones that oi polloi had were available, but i'm fine with the dark brown. i also have a question about the leather smell - it's not bad, per se, but i'd rather go without. anyone know of any treatments that might neutralize this?

either way, these are gonna look great this summer w/ shorts and no socks ... really comfortable too.

how did you order them? Fill out an online form and wait for them to call you? How long did it take?

escarole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
how did you order them? Fill out an online form and wait for them to call you? How long did it take?

called him. he was very friendly and helpful. total time was about 5-6 wks.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
goodluck getting your orders processed by them. I placed an order, waited a month and didn't get a call so ordered from rakuten.

"Delivery is usually 6 weeks plus shipping. Some styles will take less time, while some others may take awhile longer. "

I emailed and called to give them my credit card number, and got them in 4 weeks or so. They were exceptionally nice over the phone.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of Arrow mocs that are worn in or just normal fit pics?

Thinking about ordering some lace boots w/ crepe and hopefully in the white (or is it un-tanned/natural) leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads