• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Higher rise and tapered leg

stylezz

Reaction score
I'm shopping now for pants, mostly khakis. My size is about 29x30, depends on the company obviously. I have this old Carter's Khakis pants from I don't know when, 30x32 and it's a pretty good fit, I tried looking on the web for more of these, couldn't find them.

It seems that now the style is to make the rise on pants low. I'm looking for pants that have a decent rise (not too low) and a tapered leg. I've tried quite a few companies, Dockers, old navy, gap, most seem to have this straight cut from waist to ankle with almost no taper, and most with a very low rise.

ScruffyLimey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylezz
I'm shopping now for pants, mostly khakis. My size is about 29x30, depends on the company obviously.

Silly me -- read this through first time & interpreted it as "depends who I'm with", rather than "depends on the maker".
blush.gif

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some of the Italian brands have higher rises and tapered legs. For a less expensive option, you might just have a tailor taper a pair of wider leg khakis.

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylezz
Anyone know of anything?
Incotex is probably not a bad option. There are still some floating around B&S. I'm not positive about the rise off the top of my head [my only pair is sitting in my closet unhemmed and unworn
frown.gif
...], but it's definitely nice and tapered. Try Borelli as well, although that is likely to be pricey unless you happen to get it on sale at Filene's or from eBay / the B&S forum. Rise is neither high nor too low. So - I guess I was just getting specific. I agree with the above poster... many European or specifically Italian makers will make the kind of stuff you're looking for.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe J.Crew makes exactly what you're looking for. Are you sure Docker's new slim fit chino doesn't fit your bill? I have pics of it on the Streetwear & Denim forum in the "slim fitting chino" thread.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, Hickey Freeman.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I received a pair of RM Williams moleskin jeans, TJ180, that seems to be what you're looking for. A size 30 measured with 12" front rise with a 14" leg opening.. not to my tastes but perhaps suitable for you?

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Facconable by Incotex seem like they might be a good match, and +1 on J Crew, or maybe Zegna or even Kenneth Cole
peepwall[1].gif

All of my Incotex seem to have a very low rise.

Enfo

Reaction score
Anything in Banana Republic's Heritage or Monogram collections... not the regular stuff though

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked for this for a long time too. Try Hugo Boss - James Brown model.

They're not worth the retail price but I see them floating around ebay quite often.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads