• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who is Incotex?

jpo

Reaction score
I see tons of Incotex on SF and many recommendations as a great value trouser. So, I would like to know a little more about Incotex:
  • where/how they are made?
  • why they are such a great value?
  • who sells them new?
  • How many styles, fabrics do they make?
Any info or pointing to other posts would be great! Incotex info is very hard to search on SF, there are just so many results. I'll continue searching through threads, but thought someone might have some off the cuff knowledge. thanks!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some info below. Several US stores (BG comes to mind) sell them new.

Incotex

Brand of the Italian company Industrie Confezioni Tessili. It manufactures pants for the high segment of the market. Established in 1951 by Carlo Compagno in Venice. At the beginning of the 1980s, the company was transformed into an industrial reality with the entry of Compagno's sons, Marzio and Roberto to the family business. Pants for Burberry, Faµonable, and Ermenegildo Zegna were manufactured on license. The company's own lines, Incotex and Rem, were distributed in Italy through 400 sales points. Seventy per cent of the turnover was acquired through export, especially in Japan and the USA, where a subsidiary company called Incotex USA was created.

2001. The year closed with a turnover of 37.7 million Euros (+25.9%), while the profit before tax had diminished to 2.32 million compared to the previous 2.58 million. The net profit amounts to 775,000 Euros. The export quota was still high at 50%.

2002. The company acquired 80% of Montedoro of Castellanza, a manufacturer of raincoats and casual jackets in Varese. The operation, which was worth 1.3 million Euros in total, represented the first step of the diversification process started by the Venetian company. This diversification was to be concluded by 2004 in order to complete the offer with products of the same market segment, creating distribution synergies. Montedoro's turnover amounted to about 3 million Euros in 2001. In the past, it had experienced golden times by collaborating with designers such as Walter Albini and Giorgio Armani. After which it had been sold and acquired more than once.

2002. The year closed with 35 million Euros, 39 million including Montedoro.

2002. Alberto Biani became the creative director of the new women's division that had been created at the beginning of the year.

2003. Incotex's production increasingly took on total look characteristics. After Montedoro, the Venetian company acquired 70% of the wool factory Zanone, a company from the Biella's area, whose turnover had amounted to 5 million Euros in 2002. Alberto Zanone, founder of the factory carrying his own name, remained as the manager of the company.

Incotex Introduces Lower-Priced Line

INCOTEX IS CHASING THE LUXURY MARKET
downhill with its new ivory label, a collection of
trimmer, less-expensive wool and cotton pants.
Incotex is known as the Rolls-Royce of the trouser
classifi cation business with pants that start at
$345 and a tight wholesale network of high-end
specialty and department stores.

But parent company Slowear, the Venetianbased
enterprise owned by Marzio and Roberto
Compagno, hopes to tap growing demand for slimmer-
fi tting dress pants "” a market that he said is
overlooked.

"Collections speak to the younger man, but
their fi t changes constantly," Marzio Compagno
said at the company's Manhattan showroom this
week. "But we want to offer a product that will be
consistent, reliable and more price sensitive."
The ivory label will be produced in Portugal
and will share sartorial details with the company's
signature, high-end heritage line, including skirted
waists. The model, however, will be trimmer with
a thinner waist, higher rise and more narrow leg.
The construction in the waistband will be softer.
The trouser classifi cation has long awaited the
return of the younger consumer to its classic, if
fusty, aisles. And trousers appear to be on an upswing.
Compagno pointed to Paul Smith and Etro
as resources that offer solid contemporary dress
pants on the collections side. Vertical retailers
such as Club Monaco, Banana Republic and H&M
also have made trim tailored clothing, including
trousers, a priority in their assortments.

But the trouser classifi cation in department
stores "” marked by voluminous, pleated pants
and traditional patterns "” is ripe for an update.
"We make dad's pants, historically," Compagno.
"Now we want to make the son's."

Available in American and the more-European
trim fi t, the ivory line will consist of dress wools, dress
cottons and casual cottons that will open at $245. The
line will launch in the fall exclusively in the U.S.
Incotex's new venture might be closely watched
by other luxury brands, whose businesses have
slumped as consumers limit spending. The ivory
label remains pricy, but, at $100 less than the heritage
line, will open the brand to new, larger retail
accounts such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's.
The heritage line is carried at Saks Fifth Avenue,
Neiman Marcus and a few better specialty stores.
"This is an opportunity for us to reach more
people," Compagno said.

jpo

Reaction score
that's great info, thanks.

Why do we see so many on SF? Do they seem to 'fall off a truck' frequently?

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The Daffy's price was low enough to catch the eye of enterprising forumites/resellers.

Damn Doc, talk about an understatement. Talk about "falling off the truck prices" I still can't believe the quality/price ratio of the B&S Incotex frenzy. I mean these are some seriously overbuilt pants...for the price of something you'd buy at Target. What the hell I'm going to do with 20 pairs I have no idea
eh.gif

To the OP, try them...you'll like them. The buttons are just incredible, until you're drunk
plain.gif

HHD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpo
I see tons of Incotex on SF and many recommendations as a great value trouser. So, I would like to know a little more about Incotex:
  • where/how they are made?
  • why they are such a great value?
  • who sells them new?
  • How many styles, fabrics do they make?
Any info or pointing to other posts would be great! Incotex info is very hard to search on SF, there are just so many results. I'll continue searching through threads, but thought someone might have some off the cuff knowledge.

thanks!

They're made in the EU, by and large. Previously this meant "made in Italy" but Incotex also produces in Romania and Portugal. I haven't read of a corresponding dip in quality.

They are not great value at full retail price. Incotex makes my favourite trousers and I have half a dozen pairs but I cannot say that at 200 euros + they represent great value. The cut and fit are very good (especially the slim models), materials are mostly excellent and they seem to last reasonably well. It depends on what you see as good value: If a pair of designer label trousers of lesser quality but with a big name label costs 400 euros, then Incotex looks reasonable by comparison. But I am sure there are cheaper trousers out there of near or equivalent quality.

Offers on Yoox.com or the buy and sell forum, where Incotex can be had for around 80 euros, are great value I think.

Best places to find Incotex are the Slowear stores (Paris, New York I think, Milan). But there should be a stockist near you... write to them at the address on www.slowear.com to ask.

There are lots and lots of styles and fabrics! From lightweight wools to corduroy, linen to washed cotton, and of course the famous "Chinolino" linen/cotton blend which I love for summer. Neutral tones are on offer most seasons: Beiges, khakis, off-white, navy blue and various greys for wool. Being Italian, they also run in bright colours too, reds, yellows, greens and so on. These are easier to find on Yoox by the way!

Incotex has a mainline, plus a jeans line "Cinquetasche" and a new line "Incotex Red" which is a limited edition range of distressed military and workwear inspired trousers.

Aperipan

Reaction score
hey good info for the noobs here.Thanks.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I visited the Slowear store in Milan and the main purpose was trying their different models/seeing whole offer. In February, during the sales period, the pants were on sale at 30% off retail only, so I paid 130 Euro for some green cords which fitted perfectly. Considerring the price in stores, I preffer taking the risk buying from yoox or ebay.

I really liked their pretty slim jeans, but you have to size one up, and they had nothing bigger than 34/50. Is the same in sizing for most slim chinos also? (I have only wool pants and cords from Incotex)

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wait so are we getting the ivory line or the heritage line from daffys?

edit:nvm article from dec12 2008, so probably hasnt been fully distributed yet

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
wait so are we getting the ivory line or the heritage line from daffys? edit:nvm article from dec12 2008, so probably hasnt been fully distributed yet
Really, you're not getting either. All the ones I've seen are rebadged for other makers. Can't assume they're directly equivalent to the Heritage line, just as Corneliani's stuff for Polo isn't the same as mainline Corneliani. Makers work to the specs, and price point, they're given. Sometimes the differences are immediately obvious, sometimes not. I'm not saying that the Daffy's Incos are lesser than the regular ones, as I haven't done a direct comparison. But for most folks here, it's the slim fit and low price point that sell 'em. I will say that one of the Incos I bought on SF is the wrinkliest pair of trou I've owned in my life, other than linen. Creases like paper as soon as I put it on. Others are much better.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clausc
I visited the Slowear store in Milan and the main purpose was trying their different models/seeing whole offer. In February, during the sales period, the pants were on sale at 30% off retail only, so I paid 130 Euro for some green cords which fitted perfectly. Considerring the price in stores, I preffer taking the risk buying from yoox or ebay.

I really liked their pretty slim jeans, but you have to size one up, and they had nothing bigger than 34/50. Is the same in sizing for most slim chinos also? (I have only wool pants and cords from Incotex)

Not surprising with the sales having started at least a month before you went. The common sizes tend to disappear first. Actually kind of amazing you found up to 50.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And now we are ten years after this thread was started...
Does anyone have a complete list of the brands for whom Incotex produces pants? I know Zegna, Facconable, and a few others. But I want a comprehensive list. TIA.

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And now we are ten years after this thread was started...
Does anyone have a complete list of the brands for whom Incotex produces pants? I know Zegna, Facconable, and a few others. But I want a comprehensive list. TIA.

Bit of a digression here. I have no idea about how to answer your question, but I can certainly vouch for the quality.

At this point I own four pairs of incotex (in cotton), all between seven and five years old. They are all holding up great, aside from a pair of navy cotton twill trousers which have faded a bit unevenly (I still use them though, but would not work in a formal ensemble. Basically look a bit garment washed). My brown moleskin trousers, which I bought in 2013 and my taupe cotton chinos from 2011 have been especially impressive. During this time I both lost about 10-15 kilos, but at the same time I developed a preference for fuller cuts so I just have the waste taken in. Guess that was a lesson in the fact that your tastes change before your clothes wear out.

I don’t buy Incotex anymore as I am slowly building out other parts of my wardrobe (also wish they would do some fuller models), but these were definitely worth the money.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit of a digression here. I have no idea about how to answer your question, but I can certainly vouch for the quality.

At this point I own four pairs of incotex (in cotton), all between seven and five years old. They are all holding up great, aside from a pair of navy cotton twill trousers which have faded a bit unevenly (I still use them though, but would not work in a formal ensemble. Basically look a bit garment washed). My brown moleskin trousers, which I bought in 2013 and my taupe cotton chinos from 2011 have been especially impressive. During this time I both lost about 10-15 kilos, but at the same time I developed a preference for fuller cuts so I just have the waste taken in. Guess that was a lesson in the fact that your tastes change before your clothes wear out.

I don’t buy Incotex anymore as I am slowly building out other parts of my wardrobe (also wish they would do some fuller models), but these were definitely worth the money.
Trust me, you don't have to sell Incotex to me. To the contrary: the reason for my inquiry is I love Incotex and want to know where I can find them under other labels. I must have about 10 pairs of Incotex pants, and over the years, maybe a hundred. And I want more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads