• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion requested: Which Card Holder?

slee1986

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a Paul Smith leather card holder on impulse for $140 without really looking at many other options. Now I'm thinking of returning it and have the following options in mind. Considering only your opinion of aesthetics and quality of these following options, which would you choose? Specifically, I am looking for a brown leather card holder that has excellent quality construction and will age nicely. I will be using this card holder as my daily use and prefer it to be a bit casual. Also, are there any other comparable card holders not shown that you guys might also recommend?

Thanks for your opinions!

#1 PAUL SMITH CARD CASE (Keep the one I bought)

#2 PRADA SAFFIANO CARD CASE

#3 SWAINE ADENY BUSINESS CARD CASE

#4 LAUNER 4 CARD HOLDER in (Burgundy or Bridle Tan)

#5 VALEXTRA CREDIT CARD HOLDER

Zandros

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I like the Swaine Adeney and the Launer.

Agreed. I like the Swaine Adeney more though.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Swaine Adeney. It just looks better and has the smallest logo. This last point is always important for me, but may not be for others.

zenga

Reaction score
I have the Prada myself and it has served me weill for the last couple of years but the Swaine A is also quite nice.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd keep the PS

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
In fairness to the Launer, the logo is made more conspicuous by the fact that its image is substantially larger than the others. Plus, I can't say I consider a Royal Warrant offputting as I would your typical logo.

The Royal Warrant is fine on a tin of biscuits, but it is not something I would want to look at each time I took a card out of my pocket.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
The Royal Warrant is fine on a tin of biscuits, but it is not something I would want to look at each time I took a card out of my pocket.
+1. Completely ruins that case IMO. The Swaine Adeney is the nicest.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Swaine, in fact I was looking at that model today, unrelated to this thread.

Sad about the Paul Smith, they make many card holders which are less loud than the one you have.

slee1986

Reaction score
^Tarmac
Yea, PS does make some subtle designs but I think I was attracted on impulse to the quirky cube pattern. The PS holder is still much understated than the excessive branding from other luxury brands however. After actually holding the PS card holder though I was much less impressed and the quality seemed to be lacking a bit (some loose stitches and the "frail" looking leather was paper thin).

Thanks for the opinions guys! The poll confirmed my own preference and I will go ahead and buy the Swaine card holder and return the Paul Smith. Just saved myself 45 bucks on a better looking wallet and I think this will probably last a bit longer to boot.

Mildly Consumptive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Launer one in tan and I have to say, it seems less refined than the Swaine or the Valextra. As your photo shows, it has a raw edge on one side. I don't know why it isn't turned in like in the Swaine.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Swaine wallets are surprisingly affordable. around $200 for pure luxury that you will use many times a day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads