• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pics of 2d Chan suit

max power

Reaction score
Comments welcome. For pics of my first suit, see here.

DSC_1376.jpg
DSC_1382.jpg

DSC_1377.jpg
DSC_1378.jpg
DSC_1379.jpg

DSC_1380.jpg
DSC_1381.jpg

AscotMcPocketsquare

Reaction score
eh, something looks off. I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe the button and pockets both look too high, maybe the jacket is too short, maybe that's just your frame, but I am not a fan.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket appears too short to the front.

Difficult to tell from the profile view because your hand is in the way but the back actually looks about 1/2" longer.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks off.

Sleeves look too full at the wrist.

Pants look too baggy in the seat and too long.

jacket looks to be very baggy along the back.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The back should definitely be cleaner, but I rather like the front. It almost appears to have some drape in it.

Agree that the proportions are odd - I think mostly because the jacket is a tad on the short side, which would be OK and sort of au courant if only the pants were cut trimmer. As ****** pointed out, they're too baggy in the seat, which makes them puff out at your thighs for an unbalanced look.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just that the jacket isn't on you quite right in the second row of photos (the 2nd row back shot looks like the jacket is sliding off to your right side) but the collar fit is awkward as a result.

Still, I think this is eminently fixable with some tailoring.

jcc123

Reaction score
Your ass should NOT look bigger than your shoulders, even if they are.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The jacket collar seems too loose and low. Also, the pants have a terrible line--it looks like the back rise is too long, making the pants bag below your seat.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The large pimple below your lip looks painful, how it comes out alright.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
The jacket collar seems too loose and low. Also, the pants have a terrible line--it looks like the back rise is too long, making the pants bag below your seat.

+1 about the collar, it doesn't fit correctly. And there is definitely something weird going on with the pants. I'll second SG's comment about the sleeve at the wrist- it looks very odd, like it is too full.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
I'll second SG's comment about the sleeve at the wrist- it looks very odd, like it is too full.

Some more taper would help, but it also looks like one may be slightly longer than the other.

I agree the jacket looks short; the buttoning point is also a bit high to my tastes. Much leaner pants with much less break might balance it out. But it depends on what kind of look you're going for.

jcc123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

Part of the problem is that many people make the error of standing too upright with their shoulder's flexed back unnaturally. People should stand for fittings and photos in their natural, relaxed state.

By standing too ridged with your shoulder’s all the way back you give the impression that your collar’s too big or loose. If you naturally slouch, then you should slouch.

The front does look too short. Did you pull your jacket too high in the front? It looks too loose and long in the back. Try to balance the jacket between front and back.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO, too full through the hips and the jacket is too short in front.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcc123
Part of the problem is that many people make the error of standing too upright with their shoulder's flexed back unnaturally. People should stand for fittings and photos in their natural, relaxed state.

I'm mixed on this. I tend to straighten myself out during the day when I realize I'm slouching a little. So, which is my more natural state? Fortunately for me, my collar seems to stay in place regardess.

Originally Posted by jcc123
By standing too ridged with your shoulder's all the way back you give the impression that your collar's too big or loose. If you naturally slouch, then you should slouch.

The front does look too short. Did you pull your jacket too high in the front? It looks too loose and long in the back. Try to balance the jacket between front and back.

Hmm. Maybe the OP isn't wearing the jacket quite right. If he pulls it forward and down, the collar fit might improve and front may not seem so short anymore. Just a consideration.

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at your previous suit, I much prefer the 2 button look. I think the single button is not doing you any favors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads