• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This Should be a Model for all Custom Shirt Websites

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I gather that the website and the operation are new. That's why there are rough edges and not many fabrics--this is a "grand opening" promotion.

bright fight

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
I just received an email advertising this website: shirtsmyway.com. the website design is absolutely fantastic! The names of the fabrics and options are kind of stupid but the site is a joy to use. I'm considering giving it a try just because it is so easy and the price seems so right.

Check out the area where you submit your measurements. They make it very easy to get it right.

Yeah, the site is fantastic! Thanks for posting. I'll probably order a few shirts as well.

bright fight

Reaction score
Just thought of that it's like Nike ID for dress shirts...no?

mullivan

Reaction score
I don't see anything on the site about 2 shirts for $59. How do you take advantage of this offer? Is there a promo code?

contaygious

Reaction score
I got it to work now and I like the site, but wish the offer for 2 shirts was still ongoing. I can get a MTM from my local tailor with nicer fabrics for a bit more so not sure I want to chance it now.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So did anybody actually buy a shirt from these folks? How was it?

rafatmit

Reaction score
I ordered a shirt from them back on February 25. It arrived today. So far I am underwhelmed.

First the good. They're very fast "” less than two weeks from order to delivery. I placed an order from mytailor.com on the same day; that site currently estimates my shirt will be sent out on April 24. So no comparison on speed. And they got the details I asked for correct.

The fabric was not great. I ordered "Match Point," a blue and white striped cotton fabric. It was a little scratchy. About what I expected.

The bad news is that the fit is mediocre. Some of this can be corrected "” for instance, there's too much cloth around my stomach, but better than most RTW shirts. But the collar also does not sit very naturally; it's like there's too much cloth between the collar buttons and the next button down. Unbuttoned it's fine, but buttoned it's a problem. The buttons are also mediocre plastic, worse than any RTW shirt I own.

The strangest thing about the shirt is the fabric under the collar, and even if the rest of the shirt was perfect this would be a deal-breaker for me. They mention this in the site's FAQ: "We always put our secret fabric signature on every dress shirt that we make, but it's concealed under the collar flip and only visible if the collar is flipped up. We reserve this privileged right." That doesn't quite convey what they're doing. It's a cream-colored flower pattern "” shiny and very garish. Definitely not something I'm comfortable with on a dress shirt to wear to work. So all in all, I won't be ordering from them again.

dclloyd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rafatmit
The strangest thing about the shirt is the fabric under the collar, and even if the rest of the shirt was perfect this would be a deal-breaker for me. They mention this in the site's FAQ: "We always put our secret fabric signature on every dress shirt that we make, but it’s concealed under the collar flip and only visible if the collar is flipped up. We reserve this privileged right." That doesn't quite convey what they're doing. It's a cream-colored flower pattern — shiny and very garish. Definitely not something I'm comfortable with on a dress shirt to wear to work. So all in all, I won't be ordering from them again.
That's just dumb on their part ... they can certainly reserve the right to put whatever fabric under they they want, just as I can reserve the right to shop elsewhere ... Thanks for the review!

epliohunk

Reaction score
This looks fun. I like that you can choose different colors on different parts of the shirt.

Too bad there arent's enough interesting patterns.

rafatmit

Reaction score
After washing and ironing, the fit is much better, though a little too tight around the neck/shoulders, and with arms a little too short. With a few adjustments I think the fit of the next shirt could be fine. The buttons still suck and the pattern under the collar is still absurd. I can take photos if there is interest....

Tangfastic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rafatmit
After washing and ironing, the fit is much better, though a little too tight around the neck/shoulders, and with arms a little too short. With a few adjustments I think the fit of the next shirt could be fine. The buttons still suck and the pattern under the collar is still absurd. I can take photos if there is interest....
I'm interested in the pattern under the collar thing - this sounds bizarre. I suspect some cult spreading their sacred symbol throughout the world for some no-good purpose. That's the most likely explanation for it being non-optional.
nod[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads