• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ipod Shuffle

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New one was released today. $79.

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/features.html

looks interesting, when my current shuffle breaks (the clip is bent and doesn't charge all the time correctly), i might have to get this. The audio talk feature seems lame though from the description.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
New one was released today. $79.

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/features.html

looks interesting, when my current shuffle breaks (the clip is bent and doesn't charge all the time correctly), i might have to get this. The audio talk feature seems lame though from the description.

I'm hoping they'll add the voiceover feature to the other iPods. It's good for browsing without looking at the device, for like when you're driving. Phatnoise had this feature on their automotive MP3 players, and it worked well.

--Andre

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like an aluminium cigarette lighter I have. Nice.

Now, the controls are where? On the cord? What if the earbuds don't fit your ears, and you have to buy aftermarket earbuds? No thanks.

I'm actually in the market for a small MP3 player to take to the gym now, but I'm not going to be looking at this anymore.

But, kudos to Apple for pushing the design envelope. Other MP3 makers will have to follow suit. I'll buy one of those, which will likely sound better, have more storage, and cheaper. Thanks, Apple.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I wish I had volume controls on my iPhone earpieces. The downside is that 'clicking' thing is ******* bullshit. Same scheme on the iPhone, totally worthless.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
hmm, if I buy another ipod this will be the one.

nathan

Reaction score
Nice design, but this is lame. You're stuck with using Apple's crappy OEM headphones.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nathan
Nice design, but this is lame. You're stuck with using Apple's crappy OEM headphones.

There is an adapter control in which u can plugin any headphones..don't know why you'd want to though out of all the 'in-ear' headphones I've owned I liked apple's the best.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
The downside is that 'clicking' thing is ******* bullshit.

Not sure if it is what you are referring to but on most iPods you can shut the clicking noise off (I did it on mine).

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Not sure if it is what you are referring to but on most iPods you can shut the clicking noise off (I did it on mine).

the mechanism they use to change songs is the same as on the current iPhone. it works very poorly.

nathan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
There is an adapter control in which u can plugin any headphones..don't know why you'd want to though out of all the 'in-ear' headphones I've owned I liked apple's the best.

Hmmm...that's interesting. Perhaps head-fi.org will introduce you to a new take on consumerism much like SF does for clothing.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the point of having 4GB on a shuffle?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me how this company even exists, let alone is successful?

If this were any other company, it would either be ignored or ridiculed for being completely asinine.

Berticus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Can someone please explain to me how this company even exists, let alone is successful?

If this were any other company, it would either be ignored or ridiculed for being completely asinine.

fanboyism. Also, they know how to market a product. No matter how bad a product is, they're going to get a bunch of people to think it's cool.

KenN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/11/n...arty-headphon/

proprietary headphone jacks? are you f'n kidding me? huge PASS on this one.

Agreed. iPod headphones are amongst the worst that I have ever used.
But even more annoying is the amount of sound that these things leak, leading to people pumping up the volume and polluting public spaces with generally bad musical talent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads