• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Matching white loafers?

svelten

Reaction score
So I got a gift from a relative, and (I think) they're not cheap. They're something along these lines:

http://www.profilebrighton.co.uk/pro...-white-loafers

Unfortunately, I have no idea what to do with them. What does a guy wear with white loafers and does not end up looking ridiculous? The look that instantly comes to mind is classic "d-bag": Pink polo, pre-distressed boot cut denim, jewelry and translucent brown shades. I don't have any of those props.

Any style advice on a matching outfit or do I just drop them off at eBay? (Note that is slightly mean, considering my aunt got these for me as a university graduation gift so I'm reluctant to do so until I at least try to make them work)

Thanks

southbound35

Reaction score
Originally Posted by svelten
The look that instantly comes to mind is classic "d-bag": Pink polo, pre-distressed boot cut denim, jewelry and translucent brown shades. I don't have any of those props.
Agreed. They sound like the classic cousin Eddie (from "Vacation" and "Christmas "Vacation") shoes. Sell. Sell. Sell.

AscotMcPocketsquare

Reaction score
What size? I could find a home for white shoes in some of my brighter colored summer outfits.

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
teacha.gif
These are the white shoes you need!

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=107574

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are pretty douche-alicios.
You could try them with some brightly coloured trousers and a white linen shirt in nice weather?

AscotMcPocketsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
They are pretty douche-alicios.
You could try them with some brightly coloured trousers and a white linen shirt in nice weather?

Don't hold me too this, because I would have to see it in person to sign off on it, but I think it could be done with some navy blue linen pants, a pink dress shirt and a white or some other lightly colored sport coat. Would also work with a seersucker suit or a number of other combinations.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AscotMcPocketsquare
Don't hold me too this, because I would have to see it in person to sign off on it, but I think it could be done with some navy blue linen pants, a pink dress shirt and a white or some other lightly colored sport coat. Would also work with a seersucker suit or a number of other combinations.

Yeah, I thought of seersucker as soon as I had posted. I think they could be worn, but you would have to be very cautions. It doesn't help that they are kind of funny shape also. If I could get a fair bit for them I would sell, if not I would keep them for fun.

svelten

Reaction score
ugh. Those are all good ideas but too "risky" for someone like me. I'll either try to unload them for a decent price or use them as "vacation wear" or when visiting relatives. I tried them on with denim and they didn't look good with anything I have; linen trousers seem to be the best shot. I wish i received boat shoes instead, much more versatile.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're Vegas shoes. Wear them as a gag, or else sell them.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad luck, don't hang onto them if you are not going to wear them though, I vote you try them out once for some really light wear (so you can still sell them as new) with something a bit exciting, and if you are not comfortable sell them.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
douches make things douchie! These shoes could still be pulled off with style! I would wear those. Off the top of my head I have a lime green/white/sky blue striped shirt (not as loud as it sounds) that I would wear with a white skinny tie, dark grey pants, those shoes. No socks, no belt. Its a young look. They arent the most versatile pair of shoes but I could come up with more to wear with them if I wanted to.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I might try sockless, with khaki shorts, and light blue linen button down. This works well if you often vacation at resorts or take a lot of cruises.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads