• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where may one find these trousers?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
%E3%83%94%E3%83%83%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%A0%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B5%E3%82%AD%EF%BC%94.jpg

Or something like them. Preferably for under $150.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Light grey flannel trousers?

They are quite common. Every good clothing store should carry them. And if you look around, you should be able to find them on discount too. Although I had to pay full retail for mine.

A Harris had a pair in 36 on his Ebay store, but I checked and they seem to be gone...

Sebastian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by anon
well, I'm sure those are custom made.

Brooks Brothers has some similar right now on sale, but they're pleated, which those are probably not. and I doubt they're as slim-fitting and with cuffs that big.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...ult_color=Grey

The cuffs are no problem, as they come unhemmed...

But I agree, that the BB flannels won't be that slim. Still, flannel pants with pleats are ok in my book.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Hmm... those BB ones won't work as they look to be pleated and slightly too baggy, as you mention.

Would Valentini make something like this? They are the slimmest of OTR trousers, correct?

95///M3

Reaction score
BB Black Fleece has a pair from about a year ago... flat front, extended tab trousers. Run about $200 down from $800 or so. PM me if you need a pair, I have one pair here.

Matt B

Reaction score
I have a pair of Mabitex that look very similar, except I did not put a cuff on the bottom. They are a very nice light grey flannel and quite slim fitting. I purchased them on the B&S for about $100 - I think from Ed.

M

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt B
I have a pair of Mabitex that look very similar, except I did not put a cuff on the bottom. They are a very nice light grey flannel and quite slim fitting. I purchased them on the B&S for about $100 - I think from Ed.

M

Thanks.

As a side note, does Valentini run pretty slim? I'm taking a look at some of the pants on Shop The Finest and they seem to be labeled as "Full" and have fairly full measurements. I was under the impression that they run pretty slim - is this incorrect? If so, what are some of the slimmest dress pants with fairly low rises that are of equal quality to Valentini?

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are Brunello Cucinelli's

I have the same pair

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up some RL's on the B&S last year. Very similar. I believe that they are 'Platinums'.
Also STF, has some Grey (Cash/wool blend) Borrelli (from memory I paid about $199).

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guy is pretty well dressed but, well he has a pair of gloves in his coat pocket, and a pair on. Unless he is physically quite unusual it seems a little redundant.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
The guy is pretty well dressed but, well he has a pair of gloves in his coat pocket, and a pair on. Unless he is physically quite unusual it seems a little redundant.
Indoor and outdoor or driving and walking gloves?

Matt B

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Thanks.

As a side note, does Valentini run pretty slim? I'm taking a look at some of the pants on Shop The Finest and they seem to be labeled as "Full" and have fairly full measurements. I was under the impression that they run pretty slim - is this incorrect? If so, what are some of the slimmest dress pants with fairly low rises that are of equal quality to Valentini?

Again, I have just one pair of Valentini's - beige cords with horizontal wales - and yes, they are similarly slim-fitting. Great pair of trousers.

M

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Or something like them. Preferably for under $150.

I see that my DB suit from today has your mind churning.

In the shot below, I'm wearing a mainline Ralph Lauren done up in flannel...these were mainline, although the construction is about the same as Purple Label (one of the those RL sourcing mysteries)...very slim and flat front:

371040739_byBoN-X2.jpg

These were from last year, so maybe there are some still floating around. The are not remotely as nice as the DeBoise/Smith flannel that I'm wearing today, but the RLs are not bad at all.

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads