• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
other than the green though, those shoes by PG are pretty damn awesome.....i definitely would rock these in another color

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got kicked out of the NPC for March because of these but IMHO it was well worth it, especially with Sargent going down the tubes:

Peals001.jpg

Peals003.jpg

Peals004.jpg

OCULUS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minnesotamoon
Mainly on the toe box, am I correct that some darkening is to be expected as the shoes wear? I used clear/neutral polish on them but have not otherwise put any color on the leather.

I recently bought a pair of orange/tan MMM boots and was advised by my bootsmith to use only OIL on them, as even a clear wax would darken them.
teacha.gif
Thus, I took HER advice and bought some liquid "DYO" leather balm and they are fine.

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&Y...=sr_shoesmen80

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Who said you don;t mix blue & green?
L1090400.jpg

Some quick & dirty shots from last night after a bit of spit & polish..
L1090378.jpg

L1090380.jpg

Totally ******* awesome, with lust...way to go PG.

I WANT.

Trojanman74

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I got kicked out of the NPC for March because of these but IMHO it was well worth it, especially with Sargent going down the tubes:

Peals001.jpg

did you darken the toe? and howd the conditioner work?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trojanman74
did you darken the toe? and howd the conditioner work?
Cura conditioner on the parts that flex (parts that were thirsty), then medium brown creme polish all over, followed by black & dark brown polish on the toe & outer quarters, then a little brown wax polish on the antiqued areas & a little brushing. Cleaned up nicely, didn't they? Quarter:
Peals006.jpg
After wearings & a few subsequent polishings with just medium brown creme polish they should turn out nice. Thanks

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit

I WANT.

+1 I'm considering an olive green full brogue to go with a grey flannel suit.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
I picked up these over the weekend. They are Dinkelacker boots in antique calf.

Ugh! What an ugly bastard!

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does any one else use darker polish on the instep. My theory is that it creates a shadowed appearance thereby making the shoes look slimmer.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
Does any one else use darker polish on the instep. My theory is that it creates a shadowed appearance thereby making the shoes look slimmer.

I think it's just the opposite. If you use darker polish along the sides, but not on the top (instep),
it will make the feet look narrower.

It is just the old trick of film stars, their make-up artists and lightening technicians:
darken the sides with make-up and shadows, they will fall away and slim the face.

With a bit of luck, your feet might resemble Marlene:

dietrich7-sized.jpg

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
I'm unsure about these. I like how the classic looks of C&J fit your overall style.

I'm afraid that the flashy pointy-toe bluchers look is just too Hong Kong-ese, i.e. you're average lanky office dude with the overly tight black suit with the long pop-star hair.

- I know where you are coming from, I do love my C&J HG 337 last, but thought a change is good to keep people on their ties (so to speak)

Originally Posted by Smahatma
It has that 'Paul Smith' factor [not in a good way]
- really?

Originally Posted by yfyf
I think PG was pushed over the brink by lust for green Corthays? These are sliiiiiightly reminiscent.
- you know me too well.. Also the price, 70% off!

Originally Posted by acidicboy
I like those Santonis, but I'm surprised PG bought a pair.... never thought he's the type to buy that brand.
- learning to be a GUIDO

Originally Posted by Toiletduck
I have 2 santonis i'd like to get rid of... 2 size 40's...

hehe

- email me pics Biatch!

Originally Posted by gazman70k
Hmmm... a good alternative to the Corthay's I suppose. The green and blue combo looks interesting.
Gaz

- coming from you, I'm touched..

Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
I think your usually faultless taste in shoes somewhat got confused there PhatGuido!
- wow I can't believe how polarizing these shoes have been

Originally Posted by bigbris1
No, PG has entered the realm of where you can rock anything & make it work, a place many of you have or will never see. PG just make sure your arm candy is wearing these when you rock 'em.

<---------

- will do buddy.. Also green goes well with Red! But alas I did not pack them for this trip!

Originally Posted by HRoi
other than the green though, those shoes by PG are pretty damn awesome.....i definitely would rock these in another color
- I'd like them in navy!

Originally Posted by antirabbit

I WANT.

- thanks

Originally Posted by pabloj
+1 I'm considering an olive green full brogue to go with a grey flannel suit.
- sweet

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Lobb rtw; the Woodcote. Basically Becketts as an austerity brogue.

and from Crispin's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads