• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Hockey

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Casual
I like Carcillo. He's mean (leads the league in PIMs) and can score on occasion. I suppose the Flyers weren't planning on re-signing Upshall. Just wish they didn't give up that pick.
I don't think the cup will be coming to Philly this year with that move, though.

This one hurt big time. Upshall was a good skilled player that would help in the playoffs. Now we have a goon... But who knows, maybe it'll work out. Last season Philly went to the finals with basically the same team, so we will have to see.

Casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryoneo
This one hurt big time. Upshall was a good skilled player that would help in the playoffs. Now we have a goon...

He's an agitator with more of an offensive upside (24 points in 56 games last year) than Upshall and he fights. He'll do what Upshall (who we would of lost after this season) did for less money.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you guys also gave up a 2nd round pick...

while my team paid 500k for a 4th round pick! lol

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I scored a highlight reel goal last night and should be in the NHL.
That is all.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I scored a highlight reel goal last night and should be in the NHL.
That is all.

We need details!

In my last 2 adult league games, I have 7goals and 2 assists!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need details!

In my last 2 adult league games, I have 7goals and 2 assists!

Just a nice end-to-end rush that finished with me sniping top shelf.

I quit playing competitive hockey when I was a senior in high school but I think I'm better now than I was back then. I would have expected the opposite to happen but I'm happy nonetheless!

Clemson

Reaction score
I've got a NHL GameCenter login that I never use if someone wants to use it. Send me a PM.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gary Roberts due to retire.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3967342

Some think he is HOF worthy, I do not. His numbers aren't that great IMO. Anybody else?

No. I don't have much respect for him in any case. Given the neck injury he came back from, you'd think he have some more consideration for his colleagues (biggest example: the run he took at Kenny Jonsson in the '02 playoffs).

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody hear the recent Don Cherry rant on Ovechkin's celebrating? Personally, I have no problem with OV. He scores some of the most insane goals and has every right to celebrate.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^I agree with Cherry... For me, Steve Yzerman is who every player should aspire to be as a professional: gracious, leading by example, a total class act and willing to do anything to help his team win, even if he can barely stand. Yzerman scored some pretty amazing goals in his time and the only time he celebrated was when his team won. It's not about the "holy **** did you see what I just did", that cheapens his game.

Reaction score
on the comment about AO, and his celebrations i feel that since he scores more goals than anyone in the NHL right now that he should act like he has been there before!!

the only exceptions are the goals he scores while sliding on the ice

his celebrations should be scaled down a little, for exapmle the cap's are up 5-1 on someone and he scores, then goes nuts with fist pumps etc. is it really that big of a deal that your up 6-1 now??

on a lighter note i played a pick up game last night and schooled some old "self proclaimed badasses" it was very enojyable

DSG

Casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
It's not about the "holy **** did you see what I just did", that cheapens his game.

Agreed. I probably would have chosen someone other than Crosby to comment on another player, though.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way to go Brodeur, you stupid bastard. I hate you with all my heart, but you are the best goalie to ever play.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads