• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you for a night on the town?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I don't change to go out.

+1.

This is what separates the fashion-interested from the fashionable.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Integrity Charles Manson Shirt
Jeans
Clarks
cheers.gif

gotta keep it casual

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Well for a night on the town I won't be going out how I'm dressed during the day and I wouldn't wear the same thing during the day that I would be going out at night.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
+1.

This is what separates the fashion-interested from the fashionable.

Does not compute

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Well for a night on the town I won't be going out how I'm dressed during the day and I wouldn't wear the same thing during the day that I would be going out at night.

right clothes for the right occassion, part of being stylish in my book

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I only own one set of clothes: bson hoodie, dior 19cm blacks, patent black CPs

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thought you have some skulls as well

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Does not compute

I think one should try to always dress fashionably and in keeping with one's aesthetic. Understanding obvious exceptions such as technical athletic apparel, or formal dress clothing, I think one should dress the same whether it's a Thursday afternoon walk to the bookstore or a Friday night at an exclusive club.

Kregg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I only own one set of clothes: bson hoodie, dior 19cm blacks, patent black CPs

You may want to get that mole checked out before your "night on the town".

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
right clothes for the right occassion, part of being stylish in my book

Right, I'm not wearing a lanvin blazer and raf simons lace ups walking around all day in LA.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think one should try to always dress fashionably and in keeping with one's aesthetic. Understanding obvious exceptions such as technical athletic apparel, or formal dress clothing, I think one should dress the same whether it's a Thursday afternoon walk to the bookstore or a Friday night at an exclusive club.
That doesn't make any sense at all. I'm a student, I have chemistry labs twice a week, do you expect me to wear a tie to a chem lab just because I'm going out that evening and might want to then? Do you expect me to wear bson out to a decent restaurant because that's what I felt like wearing while I was chilling with some friends? You can dress fashionably all the time, but wearing a hoodie at a decent restaurant is just as terrible a plan as wearing a tie to class. Besides, I like changing my clothes often. I'll just do it in between classes for fun even.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree and when I worked an office job I would often show up at the bar in suit and tie. However, my first instinct the second I hit home is to change clothes. It doesn't matter if I love what I am wearing more than life itself, I still strip at the door. So unless I go straight from work, rarely do I not change.

I think another part of your point is feeling comfortable and at ease in your attire. Many people simply don't let themselves feel that in nicer 'dress' or 'work' clothing. Which probably goes not only to why most people don't follow your rule, but as to why most people don't dress well in the first place.

While I am comfortable in 99% of my clothing in most situations, some nights I want to kick back in jeans and a t-shirt and bars are where and when I kick back. I suppose the fact my overall aesthetic lately leans towards jeans, t, button up 24/7 anyway makes my point a bit moot...

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sticking to my cut-off jean shorts, gym socks with sandals, and oversized eagle graphic tee thanks.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
That doesn't make any sense at all. I'm a student, I have chemistry labs twice a week, do you expect me to wear a tie to a chem lab just because I'm going out that evening and might want to then? Do you expect me to wear bson out to a decent restaurant because that's what I felt like wearing while I was chilling with some friends?

You can dress fashionably all the time, but wearing a hoodie at a decent restaurant is just as terrible a plan as wearing a tie to class.

Besides, I like changing my clothes often. I'll just do it in between classes for fun even.

I think his idea of wearing 'your aesthetic' 24/7 only works well for professional adults and 15 year old emo kids. If you are between that, dress codes vary by day and hour.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads