• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

best dressed 8-year old ever?

plotter

Reaction score
Arlo has taste, but not style. I think style involves caring about fit, of which he does not give a **** at all, and high sartorial standards (self-tie ties, waist supression, dress socks). But he does have taste, but with a ****-it attitude about the fit.

I'll give him credit for the felt bowler hat. Baller.

X-Calibre

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
00010f.jpg

i wonder how he'd fare in the WAYWT? threads, he's got the idle pose and lack of smiling down pat.

He looks like doctor who. Sure he's wearing crazy clothes, but none of it fits him, so is that good? I think he looks about as happy as one of those dogs their owners dresses up in a bee costume.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Dapper, yes, but he looks like a royal dickbag.

He's 8 year old for god's sake. What kind of monsters think this way about little kids?

Originally Posted by Mike89LX
Did I read that right? I think he said all his ties are clip-on. Either way he looks like a lot of "stylish" guys in that he tries too hard, his outfits cry out for attention

Did you know how to knot a tie when you were 8? I thought so.

And to those people who said his attire guarantees an abnormal childhood, shame on you. I see kids his age in blazers and khakis, in certain occasions, all the time.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know this kid's story, but I hope he's not being dressed by his parent(s) because of some fantasy they have in their head- I hope this is his choice.

robasaurus

Reaction score
Everyone ragging on this kid for looking strange or not caring about fit are insane. He's EIGHT YEARS OLD! He's obviously just having fun with something that he enjoys. Would any of you expect an eight-year-old to understand the intricacies of how a proper suit should fit? Or how to mix and match patterns and colours? It's something he'll learn as he goes.

As for now, I think his style is fun and hilarious in the best possible way. He's a kid and it shows in how he puts his outfits together. I remember playing dress-up in my dad's clothes when I was a kid, and I loved it. Maybe that's why I love clothes so much now. Can we say he's any different? Stop being whiny iGents, and enjoy this kid's style for God's sake.

Also, he has the best name ever. I wish my name were Arlo Weiner.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can see this kid growing up to be a real-life chuck bass.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I don't know this kid's story, but I hope he's not being dressed by his parent(s) because of some fantasy they have in their head- I hope this is his choice.
Sort of like Jon Benet Ramsey?

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iyorito
Sports Jacket by Polo Ralph Lauren
Shirt by Jantzen Tailor, Carlo Riva fabric (My left over)
Cords from Uniqlo
Socks from Uniqlo
Shoes from LV
Glasses Oliver Peoples

Now I understand why people say it's so expensive to have kids...

lbcgav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aging in rhythm
I'm sure he already has a pretty tough skin - what - with the last name wiener and all.

It's Weiner (pr. WINER) not Wiener (pr. WEENER).

This kid looks a little odd to me. No kid that age should care that much about how he dresses.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The vitriol against the little chap is a bit surprising. If he can wear those clothes and still behave like any little tyke, I say more power to him. Maybe it is a bit attention grabbing, but if it's this over screaming and yelling and being a bratty pain **********, then whatever, little kids need a bit of attention. However, if he is using the clothes as a barrier against social contact, then that's a different story.

Also, the folks saying the fit is lousy for an 8 year old .... wtf?

CBDB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lbcgav
It's Weiner (pr. WINER) not Wiener (pr. WEENER).

This kid looks a little odd to me. No kid that age should care that much about how he dresses.

Dooood...in grade school it's Weiner (pr. Four eyes, WEEEEEENER, DICKBAG!...). With that name(and that look) he is going to have a rough ride in the English speaking world. Unfortunately his aggressors won't be put off by continental pronounciation

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude has some badass style. In one of the slideshow photos I think there's a pic of his brother and he seems dressed more typically, so I doubt his parents are forcing him to dress this way, so more power to him. As long as he's happy, it's all cool.

Cornellian

Reaction score
Should we really be evaluating the dress of someone who still pisses his pants?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads